Chapter 6

✨CHAPTER 6✨

Barb and Hailey was sitting away from the couples

Barb and Hailey was sitting away from the couples. "This is so uncomfortable!" Hailey said groaning, Barb nodding her head in agreement. Carol's sudden screams, almost gave Hailey a heart attack and she might go deaf. Tommy was trying to through her in the pool.

"One! Two! Three!"

"Stop it, Tommy, no! Don't!" Carol yelled at her boyfriend. Tommy put her back to the ground laughing. "Your such an asshole, Tommy!" She said, pushing him away from her. Steve took a can of beer, making a hole at the bottom, and started chugging it down.

Hailey felt her eyes might get stuck at the back of her head, if she was gonna keep rolling them, like she was  doing again, knowing Steve was only trying to impress Nancy.

"Is that suppose to impress me?" Nancy asked, clearly impressed. "You're not?" asked Steve. "You are a cliché. What with your... your grades and your band practice." Steve said, lighting his cigarette, which was behind his ear. "I'm so not in band." Nancy said, still staring at Harrington, not paying attention to the two she dragged there with her. "Okay, party girl, why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done then." Steve said giving her a beer and the knife. "Okay." Nancy said standing up, Barb was shaking her head at the Wheeler girl. Hailey wasn't even sure what she was doing there, her and Barb were being completely ignored.

"You gotta make a little hole right in..."

"I got it." Nancy said cutting off Steve. "Yeah, she's smart, you douche!" Tommy said smashing his empty can of beer against his head. Nancy makes the hole and started to drink immediately.

"Chug, chug, chug, chug..."

All of them were cheering her on, after she finishes she threw the can to the floor in victory.

"Hey, Henderson. Your up!" Steve said looking at her. Hailey looked up into his eyes, he was challenging her, she always liked a good challenge. Hailey stood up, taking two beers from the cooler. "Oh..." She was gonna do something she hasn't done in a while.

Making a hole in the first can, holding her head up as she chug down that can, holding it in place with her teeth, while she's also busy making a hole in the second can, as soon as the can on her face was empty she throws it to the floor and immediately starts chugging down the second one. Guessing the people around here were in shock, because she didn't hear a word or any other noise. When the second can landed on the ground, that's when Tommy yelled out, "Henderson! Who knew you still had it in you!" Steve couldn't help, but be impressed.

Nancy turned to Barb, hoping she get the attention off Hailey. "Barb, you wanna try?" she asked.

"What? No. No, I don't want to. Thanks." Barb told Nancy.

"Nancy, if she doesn't want to, then leave it." Hailey said, Barb looked at her, thankful, but Nancy acted like she didn't hear Hailey. She goes to Barb with a can in hand.

"Come on."

"Yeah." Steve said. "Come on. Yeah." Nancy said. "Nance, I don't want to." Barb tried denying again. "It's fun! Just give it a..." Nancy holds out the beer and knife to her, not considering her friend's opinion at all. "Nance..." Hailey finally understood why she wasn't able to stand Nancy. "Just... just give it a shot." Nancy kept pestering the Holland girl.

"Okay." Barb gave in, taking the stuff from Nancy's hands. She stood up, "So, you just..." Barb said, trying to make the hole, but the knife slipped, it ended up cutting her hand.

"Gnarly." Tommy said.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked, making Hailey see red, of course the girl wasn't okay, she was bleeding. "Steve, where's your bathroom?" Hailey asked, looking at him, seriously. "Oh, it's... it's, uh, down, past the kitchen to the left." He told her, the look in Hailey's eyes kind of scared him. "Okay, thanks." Barb said, making her way to the house.

Hailey turned to Nancy, "I hope your happy." She sneered at the Wheeler girl. Nancy looked at her in confusion not understanding what the girl was on about.

"Everything just has to be about you, doesn't it princess?" Hailey asked sarcastically, she didn't wait for a reply and followed Barb into the house.

Hailey found Barb in the bathroom, trying to clean her wound. "Here, let me help you." she said, as she took a few steps closer, taking her hand, trying to put a stop to the bleeding as much as she could. "Thank you, Hai." Barb said, Hailey gave her a smile. "What are friends for." She said with a smile.

"I'm curious tho, why would you do things, if you actually don't want to do them." Hailey asked, Barb didn't have the answer herself. "Because Nancy asked me to do it." Barb told the other girl. Hailey wraps Barb's hand with toilet paper, since she wasn't able to find Steve's first aid kit. "Just, because she asked you, doesn't mean you have to do it." Hailey told her friend finishing wrapping her hand.

"You can go out so long I need to use the bathroom." The Henderson girl said, Barb left after awhile. After finishing her business she also made her way out only to find a wet Nancy on her way upstairs and a very unhappy Barb.

"Barb, I'm fine." Nancy said. "This isn't you." Barb told her friend staring straight at her. "I'm fine. Just... go ahead and go home, okay?" Nancy said, she was trying to avoid looking at Barb. Nancy disappeared upstairs.

"Are we gonna wait for her?" Hailey asked, staring upstairs. "Yeah, we should." Barb said sadly. "In that case, I'm gonna use their pool." Hailey said smirking, making the other girl at least laugh.

Hailey was taking off her clothes, ready to jump in the pool. "Your swimming in your underwear?" Barb  asked the girl getting in the water. "Yes, their too busy to notice anyway." Hailey reminded her of the noises they were trying to block out coming from the house. Hailey went under water, for awhile, her thoughts consumed by the Harrington boy.

There wasn't anything to like, but Hailey had found a few things she rather admired about him and that scared her, after coming up for air she noticed Barb wasn't sitting with her feet in the water anymore, she thought that the girl decided to leave after all.

°•°•°•°

Hailey fell asleep on the steps in the pool, with her head laying on the side of the pool. Steve came down after Nancy fell asleep, to get something to drink, he looked outside, to see Hailey asleep in the pool.

Steve grabbed a towel and went to wake her up before she ends up drowning. "Hailey, come on. Wake up, your gonna end up sick at this rate." Steve said touching her shoulder.

Hailey woke up, noticing she was still in the pool. "Shit!" She quickly jumped out, only noticing Steve gawking at her after. Steve's eyes travelled up and down her half naked body in shock. Hailey grabbed the towel out of his hands covering herself.

"It's not save to sleep in the pool, you could have drowned." Steve said, not trying to hide how worried he is about her. "Thanks for the concern." Hailey said  drying herself of not caring about Steve checking her out, she got dressed as well.

"It might be for the best if you don't mention this to your girlfriend, she doesn't like her things, looking other places, and the only reason you were able to get what you wanted tonight was, because Nancy is rebelling against her parents." Hailey told him, she started walking home, enjoying the cool winter's air against her skin.

*°•Unedited•°*