Chapter 27

✨CHAPTER 27✨

Steve was slowly trying to understand what Dustin has told him, processing what he has heard. "Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asks, interrupting the boy.

"First it was like that. Now he's like this." Dustin says, showing the size difference with his hands.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve says, not believing the boy.

"It's not a lizard." Dustin says in defence.

"How do you know?" Steve asks.

"How do I know if it's not?" Dustin answers him with a question.

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve questions the boy again.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat." Dustin states, shutting the teenager up, the drive to the Henderson house was quiet.

Driving into the driveway, only to see Hailey standing with her arms crossed, glaring as she saw her brother in the car. "What did you do to upset your sister?" Steve ask the boy, seeing her looking ready to kill. Dustin shook his head, not wanting to talk about it.

"Could you have taken any longer?" Hailey snaps in question. Dustin shyly walks closer to her, afraid he might die from her stare.

"I wasn't able to get Hopper, or any of the others, but I bumped into Steve and asked for his help." Dustin informs his sister, only then did she notice the teenager.

"Technically, I was dragged here." Steve points out, grabbing the bathroom from his car, Hailey could tell Dustin atleast informed him of what's going on, they took him to where they locked Dart in.

Steve stood closer, trying to listen if he heard anything, but there was no sound. "I don't hear shit." He says.

"He's in there." Dustin informs him, but Steve wasn't having any of it, he was already in a bad mood, he didn't need to be here when it wasn't actually necessary. "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." He says looking at Dustin.

"Stevie, trust me, I wish it was a prank." Hailey says, staring at the lock doors, he knocks on the door with the baseball.

"Hailey, You got a key for this thing?" Steve asks her, she nodded her head, handing over the keys to him, he opens the door, taking the flashlight from Dustin.

"Let me see that."

Looking down, they weren't able to see anything. "He must be further down there." Dustin points out, afraid of the thing he wanted to keep as a pet.

"I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape." Dustin says, Hailey sighs at her brother's cowardness taking the first few steps down, Steve immediately followed her, he couldn't let her go down there by herself, so he stayed close.

"Hailey? Steve?" Dustin calls down after a while of silence. "Steve, what's going on down there?" He calls once again, only to get a jump scare when Hailey appeared in his sight. "You better get your ass in here. Now!" She snaps, making him come down the stairs fast.

Dustin saw the skin on Steve's bat as he got down there. "Oh, shit. Oh, shit!" Dustin grunts out, knowing the creature has grown bigger, and there was a hole in the wall which is obviously were this creature has escaped from, and the path seemed to never end.

"No way. No way."

Surprisingly Steve decided to stay and help the siblings catch Dart, so as the sun started to rise bringing another day forth. The three were busy unloading the car with buckets of cow meat at the location where they will start leading the creature to a certain location.