Chapter 20

✨CHAPTER 20✨

Hailey couldn't believe how fast a year almost went by, things seemed like they haven't changed at all, and yet so much isn't the same as they use to be, just like how she was watching Dustin looking at every corner of the house, for a few bucks

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Hailey couldn't believe how fast a year almost went by, things seemed like they haven't changed at all, and yet so much isn't the same as they use to be, just like how she was watching Dustin looking at every corner of the house, for a few bucks.

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!" He yells, looking through the coach in the one room, he ran to the living room room, seeking money through the coaches.

"Another stupid penny!" He says in annoyance, throwing it, almost hitting his mom and their cat Mews. "Dusty, watch it! You almost hit Mews." His mom tells him, he only turned towards her.

"Can I please check under your cushions?" He asks her, with urgency.

"Dusty." His mom groans.

"Mom, please? It's an emergency!"

His mom moans towards him, Dustin only did it back, but she got up anyway talking to Mews. "Who's your buddy? Who's your buddy?" Hailey could only watch everything with an amused smile.

"Love you, Mom." Dustin says, after getting two pennies on her coach, he ran past his sister to his room in a hurry.

Hailey gave the boys five days, to gather a few bucks, with the promise, if they do so, she'll pay for the rest of game night, the boys were ecstatic, but of course her brother forgot about their agreement, she stood by his bedroom, not very impressed with his behaviour.

"Lucas, you copy? I've got four quarters. What's your haul?" Dustin asks into the radio.

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five." Lucas voice came over the radio, the shock look on Dustin face, had Hailey in a fit of chuckles.

"How?" He asks in disbelief.

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas response, Hailey glad to hear that one of the boys did some effort.

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin asks.

"Just call Mike already." Lucas orders.

"You call Mike."

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man. Over and out." Was Lucas final response, their bickering brought Hailey some enjoyment.

"I can't believe you. I really thought we might be broke, with how you were searching through the house for quarters." Hailey said in disappointment shaking her head at him.

"I forgot, okay." He stated in defence, before he called Mike, turns out the Wheeler boy was even more forgetful than her brother, because he had nothing. Hailey probably figured that he would take from his sister without asking, like he has done before multiple times.

The Henderson siblings made their way to the arcade in a hurry, Dustin was afraid he'll be late, but Will still wasn't there, only Mike and Lucas.

Mrs Byers honked her horn when they arrived, calling over the teenager, the woman was glad she would be there, she still had trouble leaving Will anywhere, and knowing Hailey is always there, gave her some reassurance.