Chapter 12

✨CHAPTER 12✨

Steve was determined to find out why Nancy was acting weird, after the movie, he started driving straight to her house

Steve was determined to find out why Nancy was acting weird, after the movie, he started driving straight to her house. "I just don't understand why we're coming out here, she obviously doesn't wanna talk to you." Carol said to him. "That's... That's not it." Steve denied. "Oh, really? Because no girl would ever blow off king Steve. Oh wait! Hailey did." Carol pointed out, Tommy chuckled in amusement.

"She was acting weird, I mean something was wrong, and leave Hailey out of it, she has nothing to do with this." Steve told his friends. "So what? Like, you're worried about Nancy? Or are you actually worried about Hailey?" Carol asked.

"What?"

"Aw, you are. Aw, Steve has a heart, but which girl are you actually worried for?" Carol asked patting his chest. "Would you just... stop." Steve said taking her hands off him. "Oh, Stevey's in love." Tommy said clapping his hands like a child.

"Would you shut up?"

"Who knew?"

"Shut up!" Steve snapped annoyed.

"Jeez."

"Damn. Sorry."

Steve pulled up at Nancy's house, seeing her light was still on. "So, this is it, huh? Princess' Castle?" Tommy asked looking at the house. "I'll just be a minute." Steve said getting out of the car. He climbed up by the side of the house, to get to her window. Steve looked inside to see Jonathan's arm around Nancy. Steve wasn't sure what to think or feel after he saw that.

He went to drop of Carol and Tommy, making his way straight for Hailey's house. He thought he could ask her for advice. Upon arriving he went knocking at her window.

When Hailey opened her curtains after hearing the knocking on her window, she didn't expect it to be expecting Steve Harrington, she opened the window. "What are you doing here?" She asked him. "Can I come in?" Steve asked her desperately.

Hailey stepped aside and let him in. Steve saw the bruise on her forehead, he reached out to touched it, "What happened?" He asked her softly, Hailey reached to her forehead, "Oh, I fell and tripped while we were in the forest." She lied, since she can't tell him the truth, they took a seat on her bed. "Oh okay."

"So, Why'd the great Steve Harrington come to me, this time at night?" Hailey asked as she could clearly see there was something bothering him. "I just saw Nancy and Jonathan in each others arms in her room alone." Steve said looking down, Hailey wasn't expecting to here that at all. "The worst part is I'm not even angry." Steve added.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Hailey asked curious.

"What can I do?"

"I can't tell you what you should do, but you could try and do what you think is best." Hailey told him, hoping it would be helpful.