Chapter 14

✨CHAPTER 14✨

Lucas was drawing in the sand, explaining to the others what he saw, at the place where the gate is located, which turned out to be Hawkins Lab

"This is Randolph Road, right here. The fence starts here, and goes all the way around. And this is the lab right here. The gate’s gotta be in there somewhere. It’s gotta be." Lucas says, and Hailey believed him.

"Well, who owns Hawkins Lab?" Dustin asks curiously, the group staring at each other in question. "On their van's it's says, Department of Energy.” Hailey speaks up, remembering it from when she walked passed it earlier today.

"Department of Energy? What do you think that means?" Dustin asks not understanding what any of this actually meant. "Dusty, it's military. It means the government is involved." Hailey explains to him, but he either really didn't understand or he wasn't listening. "Then why does it say Energy?" He asks once again, Hailey felt like slapping her own forehead.

"Just trust us, all right? It’s military. My dad’s told me before." Mike speaks up.

Mike and Hailey's right. There’s soldiers out front." Lucas adds hoping Dustin would get it. "Do they make, like, light bulbs or something?" The Henderson asks, having everyone sigh out in frustration. "No, weapons...to fight the Russians, and commies and stuff." Mike corrects him.

"Weapons." Lucas mutters in agreement.

Dustin gasps after realising what his sister and friends were trying to tell him. "Oh, Jesus, this is bad." He says holding his head. "Really bad. The place is like a fortress" Lucas says, the group only ended up staring at each other unsure of what to do now.

"Well, what do you guys think we should do now?" Hailey asks, staring at her little fighters. "I don’t know, but we can’t go home. We’re fugitives now." Mike states and the teenager knew he was telling the truth those men would be looking for them everywhere.

In the distance a helicopter was approaching looking for the kids from above. "Guys? Do you hear that?" Dustin asks, stammering out the sentence. They all looked in the direction the noise was coming from, to see the helicopter getting closer.

"Go, go, go, go!" Mike yells towards the bus pushing his bike under it, Hailey helping them hiding all the bikes.

"Come on, come on!" Dustin yells, getting on the bus, the only place they could hide, without being seen from the sky.

"It’s stuck."

Hailey helped Lucas trying to get his bike under the bus. "Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!" Dustin hurried the two also getting on the bus.