Chapter 8

✨CHAPTER 8✨

Hailey arrived at the power lines behind Mike's house with her bike

Hailey arrived at the power lines behind Mike's house with her bike. She was sure it would be the easiest than the car. She spotted Eleven standing there waiting alone. "El, are you okay?" Hailey asked the girl as she noticed the worry look on the younger girl's face. Eleven only nodded her head.

"El! Hailey!" Mike called out for the two as they also arrived. "I'm glad you could make it, Hai." Mike said glad to have her there to help out, looking for Will. "I'll always be available to help my soldiers." Hailey said getting on her bike.

Mike looked at El, "Hop on. We only have a few hours." He said to her. Hailey took the lead the boys following behind her.

Most of the afternoon, they were walking through the woods, it started slowly getting dark. Mike and Eleven was walking up front and Hailey was walking in the back with Dustin and Lucas.

"Did something happen today?" Lucas asked, looking at the teenager. "Yeah, you looked pissed, when we first saw you this afternoon." Dustin added. "You boys don't need to worry, it's just some jerk, who thinks he's all that." She told them. "Sounds like you like this jerk." Dustin mumbled under his breath, his sister looked at him, "What was that?" She asked. "Nothing." Dustin quickly said.

The entire walk, Hailey felt like the road was familiar, it all made more sense when she noticed they were in the Byers driveway.

"Here." Eleven said pointing to the house. "Yeah, this is where Will lives." Mike said to her. The other three finally joined them. "Hiding." Eleven said to them. "No, no, this is where he lives. He's missing from here. Understand?" Mike tried telling her again.

"Mikey, what are we doing at Will's house?" Hailey asked the boy. "She said he's hiding here." Mike said. "Um, no!" Lucas snapped. "I swear if we walked all the way out here for nothing..." Lucas interrupts Dustin, who for once was also angry. "That's exactly what we did, I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about." He said in anger.

Hailey stepped closer to Eleven. "Sweetie, why did you bring us to this house?" She asked the girl. "Hailey, don't waste your time on her." Lucas said to the older Henderson. "What do you want to do then?" Mike asked looking at Lucas. "Call the cops like we should have done yesterday." Lucas spoke up."We aren't calling the cops." Mike said.

"Hey guys." Dustin tried to get his friends attention, Hailey looked in that direction, seeing the police lights.

"What other choice do we have?"

"Boys!" She yelled, finally having caught their attention. They watched as the police went down the road, with the ambulance.

"Will..."

They all got back on their bikes, following the cops, they ended up at the quarry. Hailey pulled all of them behind one of the ambulance vehicles. They saw the police taking a body out of the water.