Chapter 17

✨CHAPTER 17✨

The teenagers drove with Joyce and the children with Hopper to the middle school, once they arrived they broke up in little groups, each given a task to do

Joyce went with Eleven on the look out for something that would darken her surroundings so that she would be able to concentrate better.

Nancy and Mike had to find every hose they could find, to put water into the pool. Hopper and Jonathan were the one's to get the salt, since they were the strongest amongst the others.

Hailey stayed with Lucas and Dustin to help set up the pool, and to help them following the instructions that Mr Clarke has given them.

Dustin rolled the pool into the gym, on his own."This damn thing is heavy." He says, grunting out, Hailey rolled eyes at her brother, she gave him a helping hand, until the pool was in the middle, where the three started folding it open.

"Come on. It’s upside down."

The three pulled it completely open. "No, this way." Lucas says seeing it had to go more his side.

"Okay, um..."

"How does this even work?" Dustin asks clearly getting frustrated with the thing. "Dustin try that side." Hailey tells her brother, he pulled it more to his side, but the side fell down when he let go of it. "Son of a bitch!" Dustin grunts out.

"Pull it back by your side and Dustin you pull it back, and I'll pull here." Hailey instructs the two. "I am!" Dustin tells his sister, when they haven't even started pulling on the sides.

"One, two, three." Lucas says, and they pulled together, Hailey was glad to see it didn't give them any trouble after that.

Mike and Nancy arrived at the gym with the house, they went and connected them, and so they were able to start putting water into the pool, but it had to be a certain temperature, Hailey put Lucas in charge of making sure the temperature is just right.

Lucas place the thenometer in the water, shouting out to Nancy when a certain tap needs to be opened more.

"Colder!"

"Warmer!"

"Right there!" Lucas yells out, Hopper and Jonathan also arriving with the salt, every time salt was added Dustin tested with an egg to see if it was enough, Hopper and Jonathan kept on throwing salt in until the egg finally floated above the water.

Mike placed the radio on a table next to the table, everything was ready, so when Joyce and Eleven also joined everyone in the gym, they could get started.

Eleven took off her socks, jackets and watch, climbing into the pool, with goggles on her face, it was darkened with tape. Eleven went laying down in the pool, floating above the water.

When Eleven was layed down, and focusing, the lights in the gym started surging, everyone's attention staring up at the lights and back at Eleven when the lights went off completely.

"Barb? Barbara?" Eleven whisper-asks, Hailey saw how Nancy sat even closer to the pool to hear better. Eleven started breathing heavily and the electricity in the building was pulsating.

"What’s going on?" Nancy asks her brother, Mike pulled up his shoulders, "I don’t know." He told her.

"Is Barb okay? Is she okay?" Nancy asks the girl floating in the water. "Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone." Eleven kept on repeating, crying, Hailey grabbed the girls hand, talking to her trying to calm her down.

"It's okay El, it's okay. I'm here, Mike's here. We're right here, honey. It's okay Eleven, don't be afraid, I got you. I'm right here next to you I'm not going anywhere, you're safe, you're okay, El." Hailey told the girl, Eleven must've heard her, as her breathing started going back to normal and she calmed down.

Eleven didn't let go of Hailey's hand, as she took a deep breath once again and focused on Will.

"Castle Byers." The girl whispers, Joyce looks at Jonathan who had tears in his eyes.

"Will?" Eleven asks, it made the older Byers woman gasps, but it didn't make her freeze up like Jonathan. "You... you tell him... tell him I’m coming. Mom is coming." She says to Eleven.

It was quiet for a few seconds, making everyone nervous.

"Hurry." came over the radio, it was Will, but he sounded so weak.

"Okay. Listen, you tell him to... to stay where he is.
We’re coming. We’re coming, okay? We’re coming, honey." Joyce says, hoping they would be able to make it in time.

Eleven started whimpering, and whimpering came from the radio aswell, all of a sudden Eleven sat up straight with a gasp, not sure what she just saw.

"Oh!"

Hailey pulled the girl who was breathing heavily, but  Eleven held tightly onto the older Henderson, crying.

"El, you did so good, but it's over now everything is okay. It’s okay. I got you. I got you." Hailey whispered to the girl.

Eleven finally calmed, Hailey tightly wrapped her in a town, she let her sit down on the bleachers next to Mike, laying her head against his shoulders, Hailey thought that they look pretty good together.

Hopper sighs loudly his attention turning to Joyce. "So this fort. Where is it?" He asks her. "Uh, it’s in the woods behind our house." Joyce tells him. "Yeah, he used to go there to hide." Jonathan adds, Hopper immediately made his way out of gym, Joyce and Jonathan following behind him.

Hailey noticed that Nancy was nowhere in sight, making sure the children was okay, she went looking for the Wheeler girl. Hailey found her sitting against the wall, right outside the gym. She took a seat next to Nancy on the floor, staring ahead.

"Are you okay?" Hailey asks, she knew that she wasn't her only other friend she had except for the children was gone, she couldn't imagine how Nancy felt since Barbara was her best friend.

"I'll be fine." Nancy says softly, not in any mood to talk, and Hailey picked up on it, so she stayed quiet.

Jonathan came in from outside alone, the adults long gone headed to Hawkins Lab to save Will. He joined the girls on the floor in silence.

"We have to go back to the station." Nancy spoke up, breaking the silence. "What?" Jonathan and Hailey asks, staring at her in confusion.

"Your mom and Hopper are just walking in there like bait." Nancy states, Hailey remember them mentioning they have seen a creature without a face.

"That thing is still in there, and we can’t just sit here and let it get them, too. We can’t." Nancy says glancing at Jonathan, Hailey felt like she was intruding on their conversation. Jonathan gave a sigh.

"You still wanna try it out?" Jonathan asks her.

"I wanna finish what we started. I want to kill it." Nancy states seriously. Jonathan turns to the quiet Henderson girl.

"Hailey, we could really use an extra set of hands, would you like to join us?" Jonathan asks, Nancy wouldn't say it, knowing she and Hailey doesn't see eye to eye, but they really need her help.

Hailey was hesitant at first, but she knew the boys would be okay so she agreed.

*°Unedited°*