Chapter 28

✨CHAPTER 28✨

The walk started feeling like it was taking forever, Hailey's legs were starting to hurt

The walk started feeling like it was taking forever, Hailey's legs were starting to hurt. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas questions the Henderson siblings.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin states focusing on the road ahead. "He was tiny two days ago." Max says, confused, Hailey still wasn't too happy with the girls presence, but she knew and there's nothing that could be done about that. "Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin points out.

"Malted?" Steve asks, Hailey shook her with a smile as she corrected him. "It's molted, Steve."

"Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin took it upon himself to explain what the words meant.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max curiously asks.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin explains to them, Hailey rolled her eyes at her brother, still not very happy with him. Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve states.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asks, looking at Dustin intently. "No, what? No." Dustin denies, one thing about the Henderson siblings they were terrible at lying.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve points out, obviously not getting that there were some tension about this creature.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max questions confused.

"It's Hailey and Dustin's cat." Steve states, only having the Henderson siblings say is name in different voice tones.

"Steve!"

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yells.

"No! No. No, I... No, I..." Dustin fell over his words not sure what to say. "Dustin it's better if your gonna be honest right now." Hailey says.

"He missed me. He wanted to come home." Dustin states, a little sad that everyone was mad at him for this.

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, Okay?" Dustin says sadly.

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas questions him.

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max says, only to have Lucas start shouting. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!" Dustin shouts back.

"What?" Lucas asks, confused, Dustin turned around putting the flashlight in Max's face, and says,  "You told a stranger the truth!" Only making the girl scoff out in anger, Hailey and Steve looked at each other not sure if they should step in or leave them to finish their little argument. "A stranger?" Max asks, stepping closer to the two boys.