Chapter 4

✨ CHAPTER 4✨

The next day, Hailey arrived at school, looking like the walking dead

The next day, Hailey arrived at school, looking like the walking dead. After they got home yesterday, she immediately went to study for her chemistry test, which she completely forgot about. Entering school she was pulled into another study session with Nancy and Barb. "When alpha particles go through gold foil they become..." Barb was reading off the cards, nancy made to make her studying easier. "Unoccupied space." Hailey and Nancy answered together. "A molecule that can..." Steve appeared taking the cards from Barb's hands, shocking the girls.

"Hey!" Nancy said. "I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance." Steve said, "Steve..." Nancy sounded rather annoyed. I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry." He said. Hailey rubbed her eyes, the Harrington boy spared a glance at the Henderson girl, noticing the dark circles around her eyes, he pushed the worry down before anyone could take notice of it. "Now on to more important matters. My dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, cause you know, she doesn't trust him." Steve said. "Good call." Tommy H said laughing.

"So are you in?" Steve said, Nancy who was confused of what he talking about. "In for what?"
"No parents, big house?" Carol spoke up. "A party?" the Wheeler girl questioned. "Ding! Ding! Ding!" The three started laughing like it was the most obvious thing. "It's Tuesday." Nancy stated. "It's Tuesday! Oh, my god." Tommy mocked her. Hailey felt like she could lay down on the floor and just sleep there."Come on. It'll be low key. It'll just be us, what do you say? Are you in or are you out?" Steve asked, hoping Nancy agrees. "Um..."

"Oh, god. Look." Carol cuts her off, looking at something behind the girls. Turning around they spotted Jonathan putting up a poster of Will. "Oh, god. That's depressing." Steve said, angering Hailey a bit. "Should we say something?" Nancy asked unsure. "I don't think he speaks." Carol said. How much you want to bet he kill him." Tommy's words made Hailey snap. "He talks just fine, and he's not a psycho, so if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure my friend is okay." Steve was staring at her in admiration, she made her way to Jonathan.

"Hey." Hailey spoke up catching Byers attention. "Oh, hey." Jonathan awkwardly said. "You okay?" she asked worriedly. "I'm hanging on, need to be strong for my mom too." he admitted. "I get it, I'm sure everyone here is thinking about you." Hailey said, refering to the group behind them, staring. "Yeah."

"You'll let me know if there's any news on Will." Hailey asked the boy. "You'll be the first to know." He reassured her. Hailey pulled him in an unexpected hug. Steve who was watching, didn't like that she was being so affectionate towards any of the male species.

"Will's a smart kid, he'll be fine." Hailey said, just as she let's him go. The bell rang, the girl watched as the students running to their classes. "I have a chemistry test, I'll see you around?" Hailey asked. "Yeah, sure." The Henderson girl ran towards class, so that she could get this test over and done with.

*°••°*

Hayley picked up the boys after school, noticing Mike's not with them. "Where is mike?" she asked suspiciously. "He never showed up for school today." Lucas sounded annoyed. Hailey hope that boy knows what he's doing.  Arriving at the Wheeler house, it was quiet. The older Henderson knocked on the door. Mike opened the door immediately. "I'm sorry."he apologized to Hailey, she looked at him a bit disappointed. "Let's hear you out first, then I'll decide if I'll forgive you." she said following him upstairs, entering his room, everyone noticing the girl sitting on his bed.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas asked his friend.  "Just listen to me." Mike begged them. "You are out of your mind!" Lucas didn't give Mike a chance to talk. Hailey took a seat next to the girl on the bed. "She knows about Will!" Mike said seriously. "What do you mean she knows about Will?" Dustin asked not understanding. "She pointed at him, at his picture. She knew he was missing. I could tell." Mike told them, as he held up the picture of the for boys taken together. "You could tell?'' Lucas asked not believing a word he was saying. "Lucas, let Mike finish talking." Hailey said, her voice stern.

"Thank you, Hai. Just think about it. Do you really think it was a coincidence that we found her on Mirkwood the same place where Will disappeared?" Mike asked his friends hoping they would understand. "That is weird." Dustin looked at Lucas agreeing with the Wheeler boy. "And she said bad people are after her. I think maybe these bad people are the same one's that took Will. I think she knows what happened to him. Mike told them.

Hailey got a bit worried after listening to Mike. "Then why doesn't she tell us?" Lucas asked his friend, walking towards her. "Do you know where he is? Do you know where Will is?" Lucas yelled. "Stop it, you're scaring her!" Mike said, his voice also starting to raise. "She should be scared! If you know where he is, tell us." He said looking at her. Hailey looked at the boys. "Okay guys, seems like this is a lot more serious than, I thought, but getting mad at each other and yelling, it's not gonna do anything, now let's calm down and think of a solution." She calmly said to them, rubbing the girl's shoulders in comfort.

It was quiet for a few minutes, Lucas being the first to say something. "This is nuts. We have to take her to your mom."

"No! Eleven said telling any adult would put us in danger." Mike said, the teenager was really not starting to like this. "What kind of danger?" Dustin asked the same time as Lucas asked,

"Her name is Eleven?"

"El, for short."

"Michael, what kind of danger are we talking about?" Hailey asked sternly. "Danger, danger." Mike said putting his fingers against Dustin's head, in a gun formation, the moved it to Lucas, the Sinclair boy slapped his hand away.

Hailey was holding head in her hands, she didn't know what to do, being older one, she had to make the right decision, but in the end, that might get them killed. "No, no, no! We're going back to plan A we're telling your mom." Lucas said in panic, going to the door opening it. Suddenly it slammed shut, but no one touched the door. Hailey noticed El wasn't sitting down anymore. Lucas opened the door again, it only slammed shut again, this time the locked as well. Everyone turned to look at El, Hailey joined the boys sides, staring towards the girl who's nose has started bleeding. "No!"

*°•Unedited•°*