Chapter 15

✨CHAPTER 15✨

Hailey laid down on the bus floor, staring up trying to think of what has to be done next, she had to make sure to get everything done without the children being harmed in anyway The others were still position the say way as when they were hiding ...

Hailey laid down on the bus floor, staring up trying to think of what has to be done next, she had to make sure to get everything done without the children being harmed in anyway The others were still position the say way as when they were hiding from the helicopter, they haven't moved since, Hailey couldn't blame them, they were still in shock.

"Mike, are you there? Mike?" Came over Mike's radio, it was faint, but they were still able to hear it. "You guys hear that?" Dustin asks, Mike got up stepping over Hailey towards his bag, getting the radio from it.

"Mike, it’s me, Nancy. Mike, are you there? Answer. Mike, we need you to answer." Nancy spoke over the radio it was faint, but they were able to clearly hear what she was saying. The group surrounded the radio.

"Is that your sister?" Lucas asks, Hailey was staring at the boy in question, because why would Nancy be looking for them in the first place, but with Mike's confused face, she knew that not even he knew what was going on now.

"This is an emergency, Mike. Do you copy? Mike, do you copy?" Nancy said over the radio, by the sound of her voice she sounded hopeless.

"Okay, this is really weird." Dustin states Hailey gave him a slap against the head, Dustin only glared up at his sister.

"Don’t answer." Mike tells Lucas when he tried taking the radio from the Wheeler boys hands.

"She said it was an emergency." Lucas points out.

"What if it’s a trick?"  Mike asks the two boys looking at each other intently.

"What about this, until we're sure it's not a trick, we won't answer." Hailey offers the others, everyone not their heads in agreement except for Lucas. "It’s Mike's sister!" Lucas tried to argue, Hailey grabbed his shoulders lightly, making him look straight into her eyes.

"Nancy could have been kidnapped by those guys that chased us, the same once that's looking for us now, they can be forcing her to say these things to find out where we are, so until we know for sure she can be trusted we don't answer the radio. Do you understand?" Hailey firmly stated, Lucas only nod his head, not wanting to get on the girls bad side.

"I need you to answer." Nancy says over the radio once again.

"It’s like Lando Calrissian. Don’t answer." Dustin says in agreement, staring at the radio in Mike's hands.

"We need to know that you’re there, Mike." Nancy says over the radio once again after awhile, but they were only staring at the radio where Hailey placed it on the seat, until they all can come to a decision.

"Listen, kid, this is the chief. If you’re there, pick up.
We know you’re in trouble and we know about the girl." A completely different voice spoke up on the radio, it had the group questioning everything all over again.

"Why is she with the chief?" Lucas asks, confusion written all over his face.

"How the hell does he know about..." Dustin trails off, everyone staring at Eleven in question, because none of them told anybody about her.

"We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over." Hopper said over the radio, Hailey could tell the man was frustrated, maybe he knew something that they were unaware off.

The children were having a silent conversation with Hailey, and finally came to a silent agreement. The older Henderson got up taking the radio in hand, hoping the chief gets to them before they do.

"Yeah, we copy. It’s Hailey. Mike's here. We’re all here." She said into her radio.

*°*°*

It has been a while since Hailey has told the chief of their location and Dustin was starting to panic, pacing up and down the bus, Hailey could hear how he was breathing heavily, the more he was moving from nervousness.

"Will you stop pacing?" Mike asks, just as irritated with everything like the rest of them. "It’s been way too long. Do you know what? Maybe you’re right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to get us right now!" Dustin states, as he kept on pacing.

"Dusty, it’s not a trap." Hailey tells her brother, but he wasn't listening. "Why would the chief set us up?
Nancy, maybe, but the chief?" Lucas asks, Mike threw his arms in the air staring at Lucas in disbelief, Hailey on the other hand was with Lucas on that.

"Lando Calrissian." Dustin says pointing at Lucas, trying to make a point. "Would you shut up about Lando?" Lucas asks in annoyance the waiting was starting to work on everybody.

"I don’t feel good about this. I don’t feel good about this!" Dustin yells, when he got close to Lucas. "When do you feel good about anything?" Lucas shouts back.

"Guys, yelling isn't going to get us anywhere at the moment, okay?" Hailey speaks up, she was just as worried as they were, but she couldn't show it.

The sound of a vehicle approaching had Hailey up on her feet, making her way to the front of the bus, the boys right behind her. It turned out to be a bunch of cars and not just one, which means the bad men found them first.

"Shit!" Dustin curses.

"Go, go, go, go." Mike yells, they went hiding in the back of the bus, hoping by some miracle they won't be discovered.

"Lando." Dustin pants out.

"You think they saw us?" Lucas asks, looking at Hailey for an answer. "Dustin, Lucas, just keep it down for now." Hailey snaps at them quitely.

The men were looking all over the junkyard for them, Hailey saw one getting closer to the bus, the bus door got pushed open, but no one entered as a man grunting could be heard clearly.

"Hey!"

They were clearly able to hear someone hitting someone else, with grunting in pain following afterwards.

"What the..."

More hitting and grunting followed.

It was quiet for a few seconds, they all looked at each other in fear, when the bus door creaked opened and the chief appeared infront of them breathing heavily.

"All right, let’s go." Hopper says, but Hailey and the others were only staring at him, unsure of what to do.

"Let’s go!" Hopper yells, making them jump to their feet, getting off the bus and into Hopper's vehicle.

*°Unedited°*