Chapter 5

✨CHAPTER 5✨

Nancy was quick to call out for Hailey, when she noticed the girl coming out of Mike's room with the rest of the boys

Nancy was quick to call out for Hailey, when she noticed the girl coming out of Mike's room with the rest of the boys. Nancy never understood the Henderson girl, she was always hanging out with the middle schoolers. The only actual friend she had was Barb. "Nancy, what can I help you with?" Hailey asked surprised that Nancy was even talking to her. "Listen, do you maybe want to come with Barb and I ..."
"To Steve's Party?" Hailey asked cutting of the other girl. "Please! Barb said she won't go unless you come with, she doesn't wanna be the fifth wheel." Nancy told the girl, desperately.

Hailey thought about it, she could use a little distraction from all this sudden craziness that was jumped onto her. "Fine, but I'm doing it for Barb." The Henderson girl agreed. "We'll be leaving in an hour." Nancy said, making her why to the dining table.

Around the dining table, everyone was quiet. Hailey saw the boys were only playing with their food, she guessed Eleven revealing her sudden superpower scared them to the bone, even she herself was still shaking, but hid it pretty well. Mrs Wheeler saw the boys also not eating, "Something wrong with the meatloaf?" She asked looking at them curiously. "Oh, no. I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch, I don't know why." Dustin said, quickly making up an excuse. "Me too." Lucas said with a smile.

"It's delicious, mommy." Nancy said to her mother, in a voice Hailey was all to familiar with. "Thank you, sweetie." Nancy was busy sweet talking her mom in letting her get out of the house tonight. "So, there's this special assembly thing tonight for Will at the school field. Barb's driving." Nancy brought it up so casually. "Why am I just hearing about this?" Mrs Wheeler asked, looking at her daughter, Nancy stared back wide eyed. "I thought you knew and in anyway Hailey's going as well." The Wheeler girl said, knowing her mom actually likes the Henderson girl. The boys looked at Hailey in question, but she just shrugged off their stares. "I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found." Mrs reminded her, "I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if I'm not there. I mean, everyone's going." Nancy said hoping the older woman would have a change of heart, Hailey was looking at the scene infront of her, Nancy was really using Will as an excuse to go to the party.

"Just...be back by 10pm." Mrs Wheeler gave in, agreeing. "Why don't you take the boys too?" The woman suggested, getting a lot of disagreements. "No!" The boys said shaking their heads. "Don't you think you should be there? For Will?" Mrs Wheeler asked looking at the boys.

Eleven came walking down the stairs, making Mike choke on his glass of milk, Mrs Wheeler tried to look behind her to see what Mike saw to make his choke on his drink, when Dustin slammed on the table, twice. "Sorry spasm." He apologized. Mike's little sister wanted to start crying. "Oh, it's okay Holly. It's just a loud noise." The woman's attention was on her youngest. Hailey's life went from totally boring, to exciting way to fast in matters of a couple of days.

*°••°*

Hailey was sitting in the back of Barb's car as they drove to Steve's house. "Barbara, pullover." Nancy said. "What?" The girl behind the steering wheel asked confused. "Pullover!" Barb did as she was told, looking at Nancy in confusion. "What are we doing here? His house is three blocks away." Barb said confused why Nancy was acting this way. Hailey was chuckling in the backseat, knowing
Nancy was scared. "We can't park in the driveway." Nancy said, like Barb was suppose to know that. "Are you serious?"

"She doesn't want the neighbours to see you that she was near or at Steve's house at all." Hailey informed the girl in the driver's seat. "This is so stupid. I'm just gonna drop you guys off!" Barb said. Hailey looked at the girl, "Oh, hell no. The only reason I'm here is because of you." she said. "Calm down, Barb. Come on. You promised that you'd go. You're coming. We're gonna have a great time." Nancy said trying to reassure the girl it's not gonna be stupid.

"He just wants to get in your pants." Barb stated the obvious, Hailey agreeing with her. "No, he doesn't." Nancy denied. "Nancy, he invites you to his house, where there are no parental figures at all. I never thought you of all people would be this stupid." Hailey spoke up. "Tommy H and Carol are gonna be there." Nancy said. Hailey shook her head, "That doesn't mean anything, those two has been fucking each other since seventh grade." Hailey said. "It'll probably just be like a big orgy." Barb added agreeing with the blonde.

"Gross."

"We're serious!"

Nancy started to change her clothes. "All right, well... you guys can be, like, my guardians. All right? Make sure I don't get drunk and do anything stupid." Nancy said to the two. Hailey wasn't happy she didn't tag along to be Miss Perfect's babysitter. "Ugh..." Barb looked at Nancy up and down. "Is that a new bra?" She asked in suspicion. "No!" Nancy denied. Hailey could only chuckle to herself in silence.

The girls arrived at Steve's house after walking three blocks, Hailey found Nancy Wheeler's actions weird and pathetic, she wanted to turn around and walk back home, but she stayed for Barb. "Barb chill." Nancy said, ringing the doorbell. "I'm chill." Barb said, trying to convince herself. The door opened, revealing Steve standing in all his glory, he looked at the girls, he was shocked to see Hailey there as well. "Hello ladies!" He greets them with a smile.

*°•Unedited•°*