Chapter 26

✨CHAPTER 26✨

Hailey wanted to strangle her brother to death, when she had to watch her mother walking outside calling for her cat, with his favourite toy in hand.

"Mews! Mewsy! Mews! Mewsy!" The older woman kept on calling looking all over for her cat, she came in after a short while, finding her son on the phone

"Dusty, baby, you're sure she's not in your room?" She asks her son once again, but he only helped up a finger telling her to wait, Hailey was definitely going to strangle him to death.

"Uh-huh."

"If you'd like to make a call..." Hailey heard coming from the phone, since she was standing right next to him.

"Thank you so much, Mr. McCorkle. Thank you so much. You are a true lifesaver. All right, this was great. Thank you. All right. Have a good one. Bye-bye, now. All right. You, too." Dustin spoke, as if he was actually talking to someone on the phone, he put the phone down, turning towards his mother.

"All right, great news." He says.

"They found her?" Mrs Henderson asks hopefully.

"No. But they saw her wandering around Loch Nora." Dustin says, he didn't like lying, but at the moment he had to get her out of the house.

"How did the poor baby get all the way out there?" She questions with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know. Lost, I guess. But they're gonna look for her. And Hailey and I will stay here, just in case they call again. And you're gonna go help look? Yeah? Yeah? Give me hug. Give me a hug. Go get her. You're gonna find her." Dustin told his mother, she gave him a hug, before letting go, to go look for her cat.

"Okay."

"We can find her."

"We can find her."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"All right, go."

"All right."

Hailey stepped dangerously close to her brother's ear, after their mother disappeared out of the house. "Once this is all over, your as good as dead." She mutters sweetly, when he saw the smile she had on her face he knew she was being serious.

He quickly ran and dressed up in gear that would protect him, Hailey waited outside to see if his idiotic plan would actually work. Dustin threw meat on the floor leading from his room, to the outside of the house.

The siblings hided in the shack, watching the house, waiting for that thing to come out. "Come on. Come on, I know you're hungry." Dustin whispers, just then dart came out the house, growling as he ate the trail of meat.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." Dustin says, as the creature came closer, their breathing started getting heavy, because Dart was staring straight at the shack where the siblings were hiding, moving closer towards them.

Hailey suddenly ran out of the shack, Dustin was yelling behind her scaring the monster, she hit him with the hockey stick, she grabbed from her brother's hold, Dart roll into the basement, Dustin quickly closed the doors jumping on top, to stop dart from getting out.

"I'm sorry. You ate my cat." Dustin mutters over Dart screeching, Hailey glared down at her brother.

"I can't believe you kept that thing." She snaps at him, making her way back to the house.