Chapter 9

✨CHAPTER 9✨

"Miss Henderson, can you follow me please

"Miss Henderson, can you follow me please." The principal stopped Hailey on her way to math class. Hailey followed to the cafeteria where two police offers were seated.

"Miss Henderson, please take a seat." One pointed to the chair Infront of them. She took a seat, looking at the two. "Is this about Barb?" she asked. "Yes, we would like to know what happened that night at the Harrington household, if you could tell us?" The nerd looking one asked.

Hailey took a deep breath, before she spoke up. "Well I could tell you what happened closer to the end of the night. I went to the bathroom with Barb at some point, she left first, I found her again. Nancy and Barb were having an argument by the staircase, Nancy went upstairs, I guess to Steve's room. Barb and I decided to still wait for Nancy, since we all have to go home together. I took a swim in my undergarments and Barb was sitting at the edge with her feet in the water. I did go underwater for about five minutes, I'm very good at holding in my breath I was just trying to block out all the moaning coming from the house. When I came back up for air, Barb was gone. I just assumed she decided to leave." Hailey told them honestly.

"Your very honest." The dark skinned cop said impressed. "I see no point in lying, it would never get me anywhere." Hailey said. "Is there anyone that could confirm that you were by the pool?" The one with glasses asked. "Steve. He woke me up, I fell asleep on the steps in the pool." She once again told them honestly.

"The argument Barb and Nancy had, what was it about?" She was asked. "If I have to put it simple, it was about having sex with Steve, and Barb tried to tell her, Steve is only trying to get into her pants, but Nancy is on that stage where she's rebelling against her parents and their believes." Hailey told them.

The cops have never seen anyone ever answering them with such honesty. "Since your one of Barb's friends we'll share this with you. We figured that Barbara came back last night and then took off, went somewhere else."

"Has she ever talked to you about running off, leaving town, maybe?" Hailey tried to recall if Barb ever mentioned something like that, but no such moments came to mind. "No, she never mentioned anything, she was always closer to Nancy than me." Hailey said.

"Okay, thank you for being honest, you can go now." Hailey stood up, and decided she would skip the rest of the school day and make her way to Mike's house to see what had him so worked up.

Lucas and Dustin was already there, when Hailey entered the Wheeler Basement. Eleven was busy with the radio, baby noises coming from it. "We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asked them. Hailey wasn't sure what she was suppose to be hearing in the first place.

"Yeah, I heard a baby." Lucas said.

"What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburn's next door." Lucas stated. Hailey listened closer to the noises. "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike pointed out.