Chapter 13

✨CHAPTER 13✨

Hailey left Eleven to Mike, to help her get cleaned up a bit

Hailey left Eleven to Mike, to help her get cleaned up a bit. Hailey kept her ears open, the van standing across the house was way too suspicious.

The walkie went off, but it wasn't clear, Hailey could only make out that it was Lucas shouting. "Dustin, get Mike. Now!" She orders her brother, trying to make out what he was saying.

Dustin makes his way to the bathroom just opening the door, interrupting Mike and Eleven. "Guys!" Dustin calls for their attention, catching his breath. "It’s Lucas, I think he’s in trouble." He tells them, still panting.

They came out the bathroom, going to where Hailey was still trying to figure out what Lucas was trying to tell them. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asks Mike, taking the thing from his sister's hand.

"Yeah." Mike says, confused.

"Mikey, what if he actually found it?" Hailey asks, making Mike realize what they were trying to say. Lucas was shouting indistinctly over the radio, Mike grabbed it from Dustin trying to hear what he was saying, but he had no luck either.

"What’s he saying?" Mike asks staring at Dustin in question.

"I don’t know, he’s way out of range." Dustin informs the Wheeler boy, Hailey was a worry ball, her leg kept on bouncing.

"...son of a bitch!" Was the only they were able to hear clearly. "Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can’t understand you." Mike says into the radio.

Lucas shouting came over the radio once again only a few things being a bit clearer than others, but all of them heard "Mad hen" clearly.

“Mad hen. Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?" Dustin asks the Wheeler boy, but Hailey didn't think that was what Lucas was trying to tell them.

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas says over the radio, finally sounding clear as day.

“Bad men.” Mike whispers, realization slowly fell on his face. Hailey looked up at him, knowing things were about to get real.

"Bad men!" Mike says a bit louder, the radio started making static noises, when Dustin gasps in shock. "Stay here." Mike tells Eleven, running upstairs, Dustin and Hailey hot on his heels. They looked out of one of the windows, to see the exact same van Hailey saw earlier still standing where it was earlier.

"What’s that guy doing?" Mike asks, staring at the van in suspicion. "You don’t think..." Dustin trailed off staring at the other two, Mike quickly ran to the kitchen where his mother was busy talking on the phone.

"Well, I know she and Steve have been spending some time together, so I thought maybe..."

"Mom!" Mike calls for her attention, but she only ignored her son. "Well, is he home? Maybe you could ask him?" Mrs Wheeler ask the person on the phone.