59

||

||

"forever and always"

•••

Hayley watched with curious eyes as Aro pulled his hand away from Alice. From a distance, he almost looked scared. Whatever Alice showed him must of been bad.

Hayley looked to Edward, who offered her a smile. She felt relived, Alice's vision was going to save them. She leaned her head into Jasper's chest, and he smiled at the happiness radiating off of her.

"Now you know," Alice told him. "That's your future. Unless you decide on another course."

"We cannot alter out course," Caius told him. "The child possess a grave threat."

"But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" Edward asked.

"Of course," Caius said. "But that cannot be known."

"Actually, it can," Edward said, and footsteps could be heard in the snow.

A native man and his vampire mate stepped in front of the Volutri, standing behind Alice. "I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil," she stated.

"We have enough witnesses-"

"Let them speak, brother," Aro insisted.

"I am half human, half vampire," the man revealed. "Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt, raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

"How old are you?" Bella asked, desperate to know her daughter's fate.

"150 years," he answered.

Hayley looked to her husband, both smiling at each other. Their biggest fear was that Renesmme was going to age and die too quickly, cutting the dhampir's life short in the process. Now they could truly spend forever together.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked.

"I became full-grown seven years after my birth," the man said. "I have not changed since then."

"And your diet?" Aro asked.

"Blood, human food," he answered. "I can survive on either."

"These children are much like us," Marcus stated.

"Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves," Caius said. "Our natural enemies."

Aro placed his hand on his brother's shoulder and shook his head. He turned back towards the Cullen family. "Dear ones, there is no danger here," he said. "We will not fight today."

The Volturi turned and disappeared into the woods. Jasper and Hayley shared a kiss before she walked away to hug Bella and Edward. "I'm cold, can we go home now?" She asked, pulling from their embrace.

Edward chuckled, grabbing his wife's hand. "We can go home."

-

Hayley stood with the twins in her arms as she watched Jasper say goodbye to his friends. He waved at her and she bounced the babies with a smile in response. Alice and Florence joined her, both girls smiling at their niece and nephew.

"You ever gonna tell me about that vision?" Hayley asked, adjusting JJ.

Alice offered her a small smile and shook her head. "I won't say much," she said, knowing the entirety of the vision would be too painful for her to know. "But you did kill Aro."

Hayley smirked, "I knew I was a badass."

Jasper finished saying goodbye, so he went back to his wife. He took his daughter into his arms, and motioned his head towards Edward. The couple carried the twins over to the vampire, who was standing next to the wolf. They were watching Renesmee say goodbye to the other covens.

Edward smiled when he saw the four, and wrapped his arm around Hayley's shoulders. "If you wanted to know who killed Aro, I could've told you," he whispered to her.

Hayley let out a small chuckle. "I figured you would lie to protect your ego," she told him.

"I'm hurt," he said, holding his hand to his heart.

Renesmee ran up to them and into her dad's arms. She turned to poke Mary Ellen's belly, and the baby let out a giggle. Hayley felt her face light up at the sound of her baby's laughter.

Bella joined them. "Hey," she greeted, grabbing her daughter's hand and placing it on her cheek. Renesmme spoke to her using her gift. "Yeah. We're all gonna be together now."

"Forever and always," Hayley said, smiling at the young girl. She looked to her husband, who leaned down to kiss her lips.

Edward smirked as he read Alice's mind. He turned to the couple beside him, waiting for them to pull away before speaking. "So, Hayley, have you told Jasper?" He questioned.

"Edward," Hayley glared.

Jasper looked between the two, his eyebrows pinched in confusion. "Told me what?" He asked.

Hayley turned to her husband with a smile, adjusting her son in her arms. "I'm pregnant," she said.

"Oh, my god!" Bella cheered.

"Again?" Jake gasped.

"It's no surprise since we were trying," she said, acting nonchalant about the situation. "Hopefully it's just one this time."

Jasper smiled and wrapped his arm around her wife. He placed a few kisses on her head. "I love you, Hayley," he told her, looking down at her beautiful smile and their beautiful children.

"I love you," she smiled.

"You're my forever, darling."