51

↓↓

↓↓

"prove it"

•••

As the months passed, time was the only enemy they faced. Renesmee, who should be the same size as the twins, now looked to be 6 years old. Hayley and Jasper feared how much time they would have left together as her protected continued to grow. They spent as much time together as they possibly could.

JJ and Mary Ellen were almost 3 months old, now. JJ had a head of gorgeous blonde locks like his father, and Mary Ellen had light brown curls that Hayley always styled with bows. They were both sleeping through the night, and continuously tried to sit up.

Hayley had lost 30 pounds and started training again, so her baby weight was almost gone. Her figure looked slimmer, but her chest remained enlarged since she was still breastfeeding. Jasper started training with her, too. Everytime the twins napped, they would rush outside to spar against each other.

Hayley was currently out with Bella, Renesmee, and Jake. They were all standing in an open field that was covered in snow. Renesmee was was catching snow flakes while the three adults talked.

"Look, a snow flake," Renesmee said, holding the tiny flake in her hand.

"It's beautiful," Bella told her daughter. "Why don't you go get another one?"

Hayley smiled as she watched the girl run off. She pulled her coat closer to her body, leaning closer to Jake. "I'm all for snowflake catching, but it's too damn cold," she chuckled.

Bella smiled at the dhampir. "Edward thinks we'll find answers in Brazil," she stated, looking back to her daughter. "There are tribes their that might know something."

Renesmee pushed herself off the ground, her small figure flying into the air as she reached for another snow flake. Hayley noticed how she stopped reaching for the snow and stared off into the distance. She quickly landed and ran over to Jake, wrapping her arms around his leg.

"Who is that?" Renesmee asked.

Bella and Hayley both stepped forward, looking at the blonde woman. "I think that's our cousin from Denali," Bella said. "Irena!"

Irena quickly turned around and ran, but Hayley and Bella chased after her. Since Hayley was faster, she made it to the top of the cliff first. She was about to grab the blonde vampire, but Irena jumped into the water before she got a chance.

"Where'd she go?" Bella asked, finally arriving.

"Gone," the dhampir answered, looking to the water below.

-

"It was like she didn't want to talk to us," Hayley told her husband as she changed into pajamas.