15

↓↓

↓↓

"glad to see you're back"

•••

Hayley stood in the mud with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched Jacob teach Bella how to drive the motorcycle. She still didn't understand why Bella was so eager to drive them.

"Okay," Bella breathed out as she climbed onto the bike.

"You look scared," Jake pointed out.

"I'm not," Bella insisted.

"It's not to late to-" Hayley tried, but Bella cut her off.

"I'm not scared," the Swan girl insisted.

"All right," Jake said, a small smile on his lips. "Brake?"

"That one," Bella said, placing her fingers on it.

"Clutch?" Jake asked, and Bella placed her hand on it as well. "Good. Gas?"

Bella flipped the switch and the motorcycles engine roared to life. Hayley subconsciously took a step forward, a nervous look on her face.

"Ready?" Jacob asked her, but Bella didn't reply. "Now, slowly release the clutch."

Bella didn't listen. She released the clutch suddenly, causing the bike to lurch forward and her to gasp loudly. Hayley held her breath, scared that Bella was going to hurt herself.

"Woah," Jake said nervously. "You all right?"

"I'm gonna go again," Bella told him.

"Bella, wait-"

Hayley cut herself off when Bella revved the engine and sped off. Hayley watched her with worried and confused eyes as she noticed Bella kept looking behind her. She could see her protected was beginning to lose control of the bike, so Hayley began to run towards her.

"Hit the brake!" Jacob yelled from behind Hayley.

The bike came to a hard stop, throwing Bella off in the process. The Swan girl hit a large rock at full force, causing Hayley to wince in pain.

"Bella!" Hayley yelled, running up to the girl.

Bella sat up with a dazed look on her face. There was a large gash on her forehead from when she hit the rock. Blood ran down the side of her face, and hair stuck to it.

"I wanna go again," Bella mumbled.

"What the hell!?" Hayley exclaimed.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Jake asked.

"No. I wanna go again," Bella insisted, trying to stand up.

"No. Forget it," Hayley said. "No more bikes."