46

↓↓

↓↓

"mommy and daddy"

•••

Hayley let out a sigh as she struggled to get comfortable in bed. At 38 weeks, she as absolutely miserable. Carlisle placed her on permanent bed rest over 2 weeks ago, so she hasn't been allowed to get up at all.

Being on bedrest for so long was not a good thing for Hayley. Since she wasn't able to get up or move around anymore, she began to pack on a bunch of extra weight. All of her maternity clothes were too small, and her nursing bras were uncomfortably tight.

Jasper offered a small smile as he watched his heavily pregnant wife from the doorway. "Is there anything I can get you?" He asked, walking over to her.

"I just need you," Hayley told him, reaching her hand out.

Jasper grabbed her hand and sat down on the edge of the bed. With his other hand, he rubbed her round stomach. "Have you had any more contractions?" He asked.

Hayley shook her head. "I had one about an hour ago, but that's it," she explained with a sigh. "These babies are extremely stubborn."

"I wonder where they get it from," Jasper sarcastically said.

"Shush," Hayley laughed.

Jasper climbed onto the bed and laid down beside Hayley. He wrapped his arms around her stomach and kissed the top of her head. "They'll be here soon," he told her. "I can feel it."

"Can you really?" Hayley asked.

"I can feel their happiness," Jasper told her, rubbing her stomach. "And I can feel that they're excited to meet us."

Tears filled her eyes as she placed her hand on top of Jasper's. "Mommy and daddy are excited to meet you guys, too," she said, looking down at her stomach.

A sudden pain radiated throughout Hayley's stomach as the muscles tighten. Jasper's eyes widened as felt her pain. "Is that a contraction?" He asked.

Hayley nodded her head as she inhaled through her nose and exhaled through her mouth. She did this until the pain finally passed. "I might be in the early stages of labor," she informed.

"Finally," Jasper smiled.

Hayley smiled back. "Help me up," she told him, pushing the blankets off of her. "I want to walk around the room."