42

↓↓

↓↓

"surprise"

•••

Hayley released a breath as she knocked on the front door of John Call's house. After the phone call she received from Bella, Hayley was in desperate need of advice.

It took a few seconds before John finally opened the door. He wore nothing but a pair of shorts, leaving his toned chest completely exposed. "Hayley?" He asked, slightly out of breath. "What are you doing here?"

"Why are you panting? What are you doing?" She asked.

John gave her a weird look as he looked over her appearance. Her hair was a mess and she looked to be still wearing her pajamas. "Paul and I are working out," he explained. "Are you okay?"

Haley shook her head as she let out another sigh. "Can we talk inside, please?" She asked.

John nodded his head and opened the door enough to let the pregnant woman in. He watched as she slightly waddled into his house and pulled off her jacket, exposing her large stomach.

Paul appeared and gave John a confused look. "Hayley?" He questioned, walking over to her. "It's been a while, how've you been?"

Hayley slowly lowered herself onto the couch as she rolled her eyes. "I've gained 50 pounds, my feet and back hurt like a bitch, the twins won't stop kicking my liver, oh, and Bella is coming back early," she ranted.

"50 pou-" Paul gasped before he was interrupted.

"Bella's coming back early?" John asked as he sat down across from her. "Why? Did something happen?"

"God, you sound like Jake," Hayley groaned. "It doesn't matter why they're coming back early; what matters is how I'm going to explain this."

"You mean your pregnancy?" John asked. "You haven't told Bella yet?"

Hayley shook her head. "I know I should've, but I didn't want to ruin their honeymoon.  They deserved to get away from all the drama and bullshit," she said.

"You having babies is not drama or bullshit," John said, placing a hand on her knee.

Haley scoffed. "Obviously. I just didn't want to take their time away from each other. I mean, no one bothered me and Jasper when we were on our honeymoon," she said.

"And look how that turned out," Paul snorted.

Hayley glared at him, "Shut up, Paul."

John rolled his eyes at Paul before turning back to the dhampir. "Look, I'm sure Bella will understand. You're pregnant. You can't be mad at a pregnant lady," he said.

Paul nodded, "Especially pregnant ladies with big boobs."

"Paul!" John scolded.

"What?" He asked looking between a laughing Hayley and pissed off John. "Like you didn't notice! Those things are like 5 times bigger, dude! Literally the size of coconuts."