16

↓↓

↓↓

"before what?"

•••

Hayley sighed as she sat down on the couch and placed her feet in John's lap. "How's Jake?" She asked, popping a gummy bear into her mouth.

"He's okay," John said with a shrug.

"That's it? Just okay?" Hayley asked, her eyebrows scrunched together.

John sighed as he grabbed a gummy bear. "He's adjusting to becoming a wolf. I mean, it's always hard at first," he said.

"How do you mean?" Hayley asked.

"Learning that you're a wolf is hard. Learning to control it is even harder," John said. "Plus there's cutting your hair, getting the tattoo, and submitting to Sam."

"You never cut your hair," Hayley said, reaching up to run her fingers through his long hair with a small smile on her face.

John let out a small laugh, his hair falling in his face to cover the light blush that covered his cheeks. "Yeah, I was able to convince Sam to let me keep it," he said.

The front door of the Wolf House swung open, and multiple members of the pack rushed in. They were all shirtless and soaking wet, no doubt because of the rain that never stops.

"Woo! Did you see that? I totally beat you in that race," Jake boasted with a wide smile.

"You did not!" Paul defended, rolling his eyes.

Nicole walked into the house, her wet pink hair sticking to her sports bra covered chest. "He kicked you ass!" She exclaimed, pointing at Paul.

"Shut up, Cole," Paul mumbled.

Jake laughed. "See, even she agrees that I—Hayley?" He questioned when he noticed the girl.

"Hey, Jake," Hayley said with a small wave.

Jake looked around, a confused look on his face. "She knows?" He asked.

"Of course she does," Jared said, a smile on his face.

"Jake, meet our packs dhampir," Cole said with a proud smirk.

"Technically I'm not the packs.." Hayley trailed off.

"What's a dhampir?" Jake asked.

Hayley chuckled and patted the couch. "Have a seat. I've got quite the story to tell you," she said.

Jacob nodded his head and sat down on the couch to listen to Hayley. It took the Kenner girl a while to explain everything, but Jake listened contently the entire time. It felt good to tell Jake her secret, she hated keeping it from him ever since she found out about the wolves. After Hayley explained everything, Jake started asking questions.

"So you're stronger than us?" Jake asked.

Hayley nodded. "I'm stronger and faster than both werewolves and vampires," she answered with a smirk.

"And you're immortal?" He asked.

"Eh, kinda. I live as long as Bella and her bloodline do," Hayley explained.

Jake nodded his head as he leaned back on the couch, most likely digesting all of the new information. Hayley wondered if it was too much new information for the teen wolf to handle. First, he finds out that he's a werewolf. Now, he's figuring out his friend is the supernatural protector for the girl he wants to marry.

"Wait," Jake sat up, "you're telling me that you knew the Cullens were vampires, but you still let Bella around them? What kind of dhampir are you?"

"Hey," John said sternly.

"It's okay," Hayley assured John before turning back to Jake. "One thing that wolves don't know, is that there are two types of vampires. The strigoi, who kill humans. And the moroi, who use animals as a blood substitute. The Cullens are moroi vampires, so I knew they wouldn't hurt Bella."

"Vampire vegetarians?" Jake questioned with a scoff.

Hayley nodded her head. "That's exactly what they are," she said.

Jake sighed as he leaned back on the couch again. "I wish you would've said something before," he mumbles.

"Before what?" Hayley asked.

"Before I, uh.. before I called Bella out for loving a filthy bloodsucker," he says, making Hayley's eyes widened.

"You did what?!" Hayley said in a high-pitched voice.

"I didn't know, okay? I was just so mad at her for lying to me this entire time that I just had to say something to hurt her the way she hurt me," Jake said, trying to justify himself.

"Does she know?" Hayley asked, earning a confused look form Jake. "Does she know about you being a wolf? About the pack?"

Jake shook his head. "I couldn't tell her if I wanted to," he explained.

"Sam ordered him not to," John clarified.

"Good," Hayley said with a sigh. "The Cullens put her through hell. I won't let her get dragged into another supernatural shit show."

"I'm glad we agree," Jake said, standing up. "I don't want her to get hurt."

"I won't let her," Hayley said.

~

this is a shitty filler chapter and i'm sorry,,,, but a double update kinda day :)

hope you are all doing well and staying safe! COVID-19 is becoming a bigger problem everyday and I'd hate for any of you to get sick :(