20

↓↓

↓↓

"you jumped off a damn cliff?"

•••

It seemed as if Bella was beginning to fall into her depression again. Jake was always busy hunting Victoria, Charlie was always busy with hunting Jake, and Hayley was busy training with her brother and mother. The Swan girl felt alone.

Hayley sighed when she got another text message from Bella. She quickly glanced at her phone before shoving it back into her pocket. The pack and Hayley were currently in the woods, waiting for Victoria to show up. The dhampir had the intent to kill her.

Using her enhanced hearing, Hayley picked up on the sound of Victoria's footsteps. She quickly whistled to the wolves before taking off through the forest. It wasn't hard to spot the redhead, who was jumping from tree to tree.

Hayley clenched her jaw and ran as fast as she could. Catching up to the vampire, Hayley jumped into the air and tackled her to the ground. Victoria was quick to get to her feet, growling as she did so. Hayley growled back, her yellow eyes making an appearance.

"Well, that's cute," Victoria said, a small smirk on her lips.

Hayley didn't say anything, she just grabbed her stake and threw it at Victoria. The red head was barely able to dodge the deadly weapon, but nevertheless, she did.

"You've gotten better," Victoria commented.

"You mean better than the last time? When I killed you boyfriend?" Hayley said, knowing it would piss off Victoria.

Victoria let out a growl as she ran towards Hayley. Before red head could even get close, a wolf jumped in the middle of them; it was Jake. Seeing the wolf, the vampire quickly turned and ran towards the cliff.

"Don't let her get away!" Hayley yelled, grabbing her stake and running after the vampire.

The two took after the vampire, but before they could reach her, she jumped off the cliff and into the water below. Hayley yelled in frustration, throwing her stake to the side in the process.

"We almost had her," she stated with a defeated sigh.

Jake shook his head, looking out into the water. He turned back to Hayley, wondering what they should do now.

The dhampir shrugged her shoulders. "Signal the others, let them know wh-" she was cut off when she suddenly choked up water.

Jake furrowed his eyebrows, rushing over to see what was wrong. Hayley knelt down, more water falling past her lips as she struggled to breathe. Jake whined, brushing his head against hers to see if she was okay.

"Bella," Hayley choked out, water dripping from her lips. "Find her."

Jake stepped back, howled, and then left to find Bella. Seconds later, John appeared. He went behind a tree to shift back before joining her side, neither of them caring that he was naked. He put a hand on her back, trying his best to comfort her.