24

↓↓

↓↓

"it's perfect"

•••

"I don't know how a hike through the woods is going to help me study for finals," Hayley complained as she followed Jasper through the forest.

Jasper chuckled slightly, looking back at the scowling girl. "Perfect weather, fresh air, beautiful scenery, loving boyfriend," he listed off, smiling. "Come on, Hayls. You're a perfect student, you needed to take a break and relax."

Hayley sighed. "Maybe you're right," she admitted. "Could you at lease tell me where we're going?"

Jasper smiled and pointed to the top of the hill. "Up there," he answered.

Hayley groaned. "That's so far away," she complained. "Can't we just... zoom zoom up there?"

"Zoom zoom?" Jasper repeated in question, his eyebrow raised.

"You know what I mean," she said, slapping his arm playfully.

Jasper let out a laugh. "Hop on," he said, turning around so she could climb on his back.

"No, I wanna race," Hayley said, complaining like a child.

"Fine," Jasper said, sighing. "On three."

"Okay," she agreed.

"One... two..."

"Three!"

Hayley took off running through the forest, leaving Jasper behind. The vampire let out a small chuckle before taking off after her. It took a while before Jasper was able to catch up with Hayley, but she was still keeping the led.

When they finally made it to the top of the hill, Hayley turned to her boyfriend with wide smile. "I win," she said.

Jasper playfully rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Cheater," he accused.

Hayley gasped. "Sore loser," she retorted.

Jasper let out a soft laugh as he stared at her with admiration. "I love you," he said.

The dhampir walked over to him with a smile. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked his lips. "I love you," she said.

Jasper smiled. "Come on, I want to show you something," he told her.

Hayley smiled eagerly as Jasper took her hand and guided her through the woods. He smiled at the emotions he felt radiating off of her.

After a short walk through the trees, the forrest opened up to a large field. There were yellow and white flowers everywhere, and a beautiful waterfall that ran into a pond. The sun sparked around them, the rays illuminating Jasper's skin.

Hayley gasped at the sight, never expecting something so beautiful. "Wow," she muttered, looking around.

"I found it a couple of days ago when I was out hunting," Jasper explained, watching Hayley's reaction closely.

"It's absolutely beautiful," she said.

"Come on," Jasper said, grabbing her hand.

The couple continued to walk closer to the waterfall. Hayley brushed her hand against the flowers as she went. As they got closer, she noticed a blanket laying by the pond, a small basket sitting next to it.

"A picnic?" Hayley asked, and Jasper nodded. "Aw, babe."

The two sat on the blanket, and Jasper grabbed a hold of Hayley's hand again. "I know how stressed out you've been lately. The Volturi, graduation, Bella, finals... I figured you could use a break," he said.

She smiled, "it's perfect."

Jasper relished in the feeling of her happiness as he gazed at her beauty. The sun shone gently, making it seem as if she had a golden aura. Jasper reached up and pushed her hair out of her face, his hand sparkling in the light.

"How did I get so lucky," he muttered.

Hayley smiled as she bit into a strawberry. "Hmm, a clumsy girl that ran into the unknowing boy in the halls," she said, recalling their first encounter.

Jasper sighed. "You weren't clumsy, I knew you were coming," he said, and Hayley raised her eyebrows. "Alice had a vision. I couldn't just walk up and introduce myself, that wouldn't be normal for me. So, I figured running into each other was a better idea."

Hayley laughed. "A better idea? I was so embarrassed!" She exclaimed.

"I know you were, I could feel it radiating off of you for our entire conversation," Jasper recalled.

"Is it weird feeling other people's emotions?" Hayley asked, grabbing another strawberry.

"Overwhelming," he answered. "I can feel everyone's emotion, and sometimes get them confused with my own."

"Still? After all these years you still can't control it?" Hayley asked.

"It's not exactly something I can turn on and off," Jasper said with a light chuckle.

"Fair enough," Hayley said. "You just need to learn feel the feeling without becoming the emotion. Witness it. Allow it. Release it."

Jasper smiled at how invested Hayley became. Throughout his years as a vampire, no one had ever tried to help him with his gift.

"What if I don't want to release it? What if I want to feel all the love and happiness you feel?" Jasper questioned, leaning closer.

"Then that's on you," Hayley replied with a smile, slowly placing her lips on his.

Jasper smiled into the kiss, reaching one hand up to cup her face. Hayley sat up, moving to straddle his lap without breaking the kiss.

"Marry me," Jasper said into the kiss, his hand resting on her hips.

Hayley pulled away, her eyes wide. "What?" She asked, unsure if she heard him right.

Jasper smiled. "I planned to bring you up here, give you this long speech about how much you mean to me, but no words could truly describe how much I love you. You are the one for me. The one that I was always meant to be with. I never want to be without you. Ever," he said, and Hayley looked at him with tears in her eyes. "So, will you, Hayley Jane Kenner, marry me?"

Hayley smiled widely. "Yes! A million times yes! Oh my gosh," she exclaimed as she flung her arms around his neck.

Jasper smiled and reached into his pocket. Hayley watched as he pulled out a right, the same one he showed her mother. With a teary-eyed smile, Hayley watched as he slipped it onto her finger.

"I love you," he said to his fiancé.

"I love you," she replied, a large smile on her face.

*

Eclipse is my favorite Twilight movie, so I'm so excited for this part! Plus, our Hasper babies are engaged!!