18

↓↓

↓↓

"I miss him"

•••

Hayley let out a squeal as Jasper wrapped his arms around her and picked her up. He quickly peppered her cheek and neck with kisses while Hayley giggled.

"You better say it," Jasper said, not releasing her from his grip.

"Okay, okay!" Hayley cried, still laughing.

Jasper released the girl from his arms, letting her turn around and face him. "You better say it," he told her, smiling.

Hayley stood on the tip of her toes and pecked Jasper's lips with hers. "I love you," she said.

Jasper hummed in response, leaning down to kiss her lips. "I love you," he replied with a smile.

Hayley grabbed his hand and began leading him through the forest towards their house. Eventually, the beautiful house came into view. It was their home. Hayley turned back towards Jasper with a smile on her face, but he was gone. She frowned, turning back to the house, but it was gone too.

Panic set in as she began to look all around the forest for Jasper. "Jasper?! Jasper?!" She screamed.

The forest around her eventually faded into darkness. Leaving the girl all alone, darkness surrounding her.

"Jasper?!" She screamed again, falling to her knees.

Hayley shot up out of bed, her chest heaving up and down as she panted. She looked around the room before realizing it was just a dream. She sighed and laid back down in Bella's bed, the two decided to have a sleep over after the encounter with Laurent.

"Bad dream?" Bella asked.

Hayley sat up in the bed again to look at her protected. Bella was currently sitting at her desk doing homework. She was already dressed and ready to go, indicating she was waiting on Hayley to wake up.

"Yeah, you could say that," Hayley mumbled, pulling the blanket off of her and climbing out of bed.

"You wanna talk about it?" Bella asked, putting her pencil down.

"It was, uh, it was about Jasper," Hayley said, pulling on a pair of jeans.

Bella looked down. "I dream about Edward a lot," she said quietly. "What happened?"

Hayley shook her head. "I just.. I miss him," she said.

Bella got up from her spot at her desk and walked over to Hayley. "I've started to come to terms that Edward and I are never going to be together. As much as it hurt to admit it, it's true. But you and Jasper.. you'll see him again. I know you will," she said.