5

↓↓

↓↓

"neither is touching underage girls"

•••

The sun was shinning brightly today, a welcomed change from everyone in Forks. Hayley sat on top of the picnic table next to Jessica, both girls soaking up the warmth. Bella sat in front of the two girls on the bench while she looked around for Edward.

"He's not here," Jessica told the Swan girl. "Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullen's disappear."

"What, do they just ditch?" Bella asked.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for, like, hiking and camping and stuff," Jessica explained. "I tried that out on my parents. Not even close."

Angela rushed over to the table and sat down next to Bella. "Guys, I'm going to the prom with Eric," she informed excitedly. "I just asked him. I took control."

"I told you that would happen," Bella said as Angela brought her in for a hug.

"Are you sure you have to go out of town?" Angela asked.

"Oh, yeah, it's a little family thing," Bella told them.

"What about you, Hayls?" Angela asked.

"I don't have a date," Hayley said sadly. "I don't want to show up at prom alone."

"You could always hang out with us," Angela offered, a small smile on her face.

Hayley sighed. "I don't wanna ruin you date with Eric," She told her.

Angela nodded. "Just think about it, okay?" She asked.

"Okay," Hayley agreed.

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica said.

"Port Angeles?" Bella asked. "You mind if we come?"

"Yeah, I need your opinions," Angela said.

"Plus, Hayley could try on some dresses," Jessica said with a smile.

*

"I like this one," Jessica said she held up a pink dress.

"That's cool," Angela commented.

"But, like, I don't know about the one-shoulder thing," Jessica said as she held the dress against her body.

"What about this?" Hayley asked as she held up a silver dress.

"I like the beading, but I don't know if silver is your color," Jessica told her truthfully.

"What is my color?" Hayley asked.

"Red? Black?" Jessica offered. "Any dark, bold color would really compliment you skin."

Hayley bit her lip and nodded her head as she looked around the little store. Her eyes landed on a beautiful red dress that was displayed on the wall. She quickly walked over to it and grabbed it before going into the dressing room.