12

↓↓

↓↓

"i won't let you die"

•••

Hayley sighed. "Do we have to go to school today?" She asked Jasper as she snuggled into his chest.

Jasper chuckled as he ran his fingers through the girl's brown hair. "I don't think Ellen would like it if you skipped another day of school to be with me," he told her. "Besides, it's Bella's birthday today."

Hayley's eyes widened as she quickly sat up. "It's Bella's birthday today?" She questioned.

Jasper slowly propped himself up on his elbows. "You forgot about it?" He asked. "What kind of dhampir are you?"

Hayley jumped out of bed and began to quickly get dressed for school, not caring that Jasper was still in the room. "I would've remembered, but you came over last night and distracted me!" She said as she pulled her shirt on over her head. "What kind of boyfriend are you?"

Jasper let out an amused laugh as he watched his girlfriend panic. "Do you still want me to drive you to school?" He asked, getting off of the bed.

"No. Bella will be here soon," she told him before groaning. "I still have to wrap her gift!"

"I thought she said no gifts," Jasper stated.

Hayley rolled her eyes. "She did, but I don't care," she told the vampire.

Jasper smiled. "What did you get her?" He asked.

Hayley walked over to her desk, picking up the non-wrapped gift to show Jasper. The present was a large collage full of pictures of the two girls in a glass frame. Most of the pictures were take by Hayley while the rest were pictures from the prom.

"Last year was pretty rough, so I thought she could use some reminding of all the good times we had," Hayley said with a small smile as she looked at the present with Jasper.

"It's amazing," Jasper told her with a smile. "You're a very talented photographer."

Hayley bit her bottom lip as she gave him a smile. "Thank you, Jaz," she said.

"You're welcome, darling," he said, leaning down to place a kiss on her lips.

A horn honking from outside made Hayley jump and pull away. "That must be Bella," she said, looking at the non-wrapped gift in her hands.

"You get the tape, I'll get the wrapping paper," Jasper told her before using his vampire speed to go find the tape.

Hayley smiled to herself as she rushed off to find the wrapping paper, thankful for Jasper's help. It only took the two a few minutes to get the collage wrapped and ready to go.

"I'll see you at school," Jasper told her, placing a kiss on her lips before moving towards the window.

"I love you," Hayley told him.