11

↓↓

↓↓

"dance with me?"

•••

Hayley's eyes slowly fluttered open as a groan escaped her lips. Her body was free of cuts and blood, and she was in new clothes. She panicked when she realized she didn't know where she was, or how she got there.

"Hey, hey," A voice said. "You're okay. You're safe."

Hayley looked over from her position on the bed to see Jasper. He had a small smile on his face as he walked towards her with a glass of water in his hands.

"Jasper?" Hayley said, confused. "Where am I? What happened? Where's Bella?"

Jasper placed the glass of water on the nightstand before sitting next to Hayley on the bed. "Calm down, darling," he told her. "We're back in Forks, in my room."

Hayley looked around before realizing, "Wow. Guess I'm just not used to seeing it with a bed in here," she said with a chuckle. "Where's Bella? What happened?"

"Bella's in a hospital back in Phoenix," Jasper told her, making Hayley sigh in relief. "After James bit Bella, Edward tried to suck the venom out."

"But he lost control," Hayley remembered.

Jasper slowly nodded his head. "You collapsed when she lost consciousness. I guess your body couldn't take the amount of pain Bella was in," he told her.

Hayley sighed and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry for leaving without telling you," she said.

"Don't be," Jasper told her as he brought her hand to his lips to kiss it. "All that matters is that you're okay."

"I told you I would be," Hayley told him with a smirk.

"Don't get too cocky," Jasper told her.

Hayley smiled at the vampire before turning to grab the glass of water and taking a drink of it. She hoped that now that James was dead, that she and Jasper could live a normal life together.

"Has my mom called?" Hayley asked.

Jasper nodded his head. "About 17 times, actually," he informed her.

Hayley's eyes widened. "She's going to kill me!" She exclaimed.

Jasper smiled. "Don't, worry," he said. "I called her and explained everything that happened. She told me to tell you that she was proud."

Hayley sighed in relief. "Thank God. I could've sworn she'd come over here and kill everyone," she said with a laugh.

Jasper laughed. "She does seem like the type," he said. "But, uh, she also told me to tell you that she got your prom dress."