50

↓↓

↓↓

"aunt rose"

•••

Early the next morning, Bella called Hayley in a panic. Jake had revealed to Charlie that he was a wolf, and that the world was not how it seemed. Now, nothing could stop the man from seeing his daughter.

Hayley and Jasper got the twins dressed and ready before heading over to the Cullen residence. They were greeted at the door by Rose, who looked at the tiny babies with excited eyes.

"Say hi to Aunt Rose," Jasper said, holding up the baby seat.

Hayley smiled before turning to Rose. "Is Charlie here yet?" She asked.

Rose shook her head, "Not yet, but he will be here soon."

"Good," the dhampir said. "There's something we've been wanting to talk to you and Emmett about. Is there somewhere we can go?"

"Let's talk on the back porch," Rose said, a confused look on her face. "I'm going to go find Emmett."

The parents made their way to the back porch, walking past Bella and the rest of the family. They were currently trying to make her look and act like a human. They walked outside and took the twins out of their carriers. JJ sat in his dad's arms, while Mary Ellen laid in her mom's.

Jasper reached over and grasped his wife's hand. "We made the right choice," he said.

Hayley nodded. "I think so, too," she agreed.

A moment later, Emmett and Rose joined them outside. Emmett sat beside his brother and played with JJ while Rose stole Mary Ellen out of Hayley's arms. "What did you guys want to talk about?" The blonde asked, bouncing the baby girl.

Hayley listened to the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. Charlie was here. The dhampir cleared her throat, "For some reason, our family is always in danger. There's always someone after us, and most likely, someone will be coming to kill us all soon. So, we wanted to make sure Jasper Jr and Mary Ellen are taken care of. Especially if anything were to happen to us."

"What are you saying?" Emmett asked.

"We were wondering if you'd be JJ and Mary's godparents," Jasper said.

Rose gasped, "Really?"

Hayley nodded. "I trust you, Rose," she said. "I trust you both. I know you two will look after the twins."

The Hale girl quickly brought Hayley into a hug. "We would love to be their godparents," she said. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Emmett smiled at his brother and wrapped an arm around Jasper's shoulders. "Thank you, brother."

After their moment with Rose and Emmett, Hayley and Jasper took the twins inside to meet Charlie. He knew of her pregnancy, of course, but hasn't seen her since her wedding.