40

↓↓

↓↓

"three heartbeats"

•••

At 18 weeks pregnant, Hayley struggled to put on the maternity pants that Alice bought for her only a few weeks ago. She eventually gave up and decided to wear a pair of Jasper's sweatpants and one of his shirts, since they were the only things she could currently fit into.

As she finished getting dressed, her phone began to ring. With a frustrated sigh, she quickly searched the bedroom for the small device. Once she found it, she read the caller ID with a smile on her face.

"Hello," she said once she answered.

"Hey!" Bella responded. "It's been forever, how have you been?"

Hayley ran her hand over her round stomach, debating if it was the right time to tell her. Since Bella was on her honeymoon, the dhampir thought it would be best to keep her pregnancy a secret so she didn't ruin their trip. "I'm doing great," Hayley responded. "I really miss you, though."

"I miss you, too," Bella told her. "But, we'll be home before you know it."

"I'm glad," Hayley said. "So, how has your honeymoon been?"

"It's been okay," the Cullen girl sighed. "Edward refuses to tough me, though. He's scared he's going to hurt me."

"You've been gone for two months and you haven't even--"

"No, we haven't," Bella interrupted.

"Damn," Hayley muttered.

"I know," Bella groaned. "I don't know what to do at this point."

"Well, don't pressure him," Hayley told her. "Just wear some sexy lingerie and set the mood."

Bella laughed, "I'll have to try that."

Jasper walked into the room and smiled at the sight of his pregnant wife in his clothes. Hayley spotted him and smiled back and she talked into the phone. "I've got to go," she told Bella. "Call you later?"

"Absolutely," she replied. "I love you."

"Love you, too," Hayley said as she ended the call.

Jasper walked over to Hayley and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Is there a reason you're wearing my clothes," he asked.

"Mine don't fit," she pouted.

"At all?" Jasper asked.

Hayley narrowed her eyes, "Have you seen how big my stomach has gotten? Your children are growing like crazy."

Jasper looked down at her swollen stomach and smiled. He loved to watch her body change as their babies grew. He loved how her face and hips were fuller and how her breasts had already tripled in size. He placed a hand on her hard belly, "You do realize you're only half way through the pregnancy, right?"