9

↓↓

↓↓

"strigoi"

•••

The next morning, Hayley woke up in Jasper's arms with a smile on her face. The blonde vampire had stayed with her all night, not moving a muscle in fear of waking her.

"Good morning," Hayley said, looking up at Jasper with a smile.

"Good morning," Jasper replied, a smile on his face as well.

"I'm surprised you stayed," Hayley admitted. "It must have been boring sitting their for seven hours while I slept."

Jasper shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't mind," he told her. "What are you doing today?"

"I'm not sure," Hayley told him.

"Would you like to go out today? My family is going to play baseball," Jasper said.

"Baseball?" Hayley repeated. "It's raining."

"That's why," Jasper said with a smirk. "Besides, it's always raining."

Hayley chuckled. "That's true," she agreed. "To answer your question, I'd love to go play baseball with your family."

Jasper smiled as he slowly stood up from the bed. "I'm going to go home and change," he informed her. "I'll be back in an hour or so to pick you up."

"Okay," Hayley told him.

"And to meet your mother properly," Jasper said.

Hayley slowly nodded her head. "Okay," she said, again.

Jasper chuckled at his girlfriend before bending down to kiss her. "I'll see you later," he told her.

"Bye, Jaz," Hayley said as he jumped out the window.

*

"I'm going on a date with Jasper," Hayley blurted to her mom.

Ellen slowly put down her coffee mug and looked at her daughter with a confused look on her face. "Okay?" She asked.

"He wants to properly meet you," Hayley explained, a nervous smile on her face.

"Today?" Ellen asked.

Hayley nodded her head. "He's right outside," she told her.

Ellen seemed to be taken aback. "Uh, send him in then," she said.

Hayley smiled at her mom again before disappearing to get the Hale boy. Moments later, the couple walked into the kitchen where Ellen was.

"Jasper, this is my mom," Hayley introduced. "Mom, this is Jasper."

Jasper stepped forward and offered his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Kenner," he said.

Ellen raised an eyebrow and looked at Hayley. "Manners, huh?" She asked.