ii. | home sweet home

chapter 2

chapter 2

We've taken different paths
And travelled different roads
I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old
And when you're in the trenches
And you're under fire I will cover you

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jade was on her plane, having already listened to the rest of the voice message waiting in line for the departure. Her sister said everything was supposedly fine, but she missed her and longs to see her. Jade didn't believe that bullshit one bit. Especially since she later managed to call her mother back.

"What the fuck happened?" Jade's terrified voice rang out as soon as she heard her mother answer the phone.

"Care was returning with her friends from a town party when young Lockwood lost control of the car━"

"I'll kill him when I get there. Let me guessnothing happened to him?" The young Forbes woman interrupted.

"Yes, he and Matt are fine."  Liz said, without even commenting on Jade's words, It wouldn't do any good now.

"Matt was there too?!" Jade's fury increased, although she thought it was no longer possible at this point. "Jesus." She let out a deep sigh. "So, how is she? She's gonna be okay, right?"

Silence went over the line.

"Mum, she's gonna be okay, right?" more silence. "Right?!" her voice was cracking now, vision began to blur.

"I don't know, Jade!" Liz's voice was weak and came out strained. "I don't know... we just got her in the hospital, she managed to call you from the ambulance, when... she got conscious again."

She drew in a sharp breath. "God..." Jade's heart was breaking.

"She lost consciousness again as soon as they put her on the hospital bed. Now, they are examining her and doing some tests, I will keep you updated." Jade recognized the tone of her mother's voice, it was the one when she tried to be strong for her daughters, even though she was falling apart on the inside. Something like when Jade left Mystic Falls.

She nodded rapidly, even though her mom wouldn't see it. "Yeah, yeah... good. Good..."

She sharply cleared her throat. "Look, Mum. I'm getting on a plane, I'll be there in about two hours, you'll pick me up?" The announcements of her flight began to reverberate through the airport.

"Yeah, of course... I'll see you then." Liz sighed. "Bye, honey." a pause. "I love you." she added hesitantly.

Jade's heart squirmed. "Bye, mum."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Forbes woman stood in the airport's parking lot awaiting the sheriff's car, smoking her third cigarette in a row. Her heels stomped frantically in place, eyes darting arount the parking lot in a nervous frenzy.