xiv. | hate at first sight

chapter 14

chapter 14

Show you the harder the battle
The harder I fight
I've come too far to quit
Step back I'm goin' in

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus in Alaric's body forcefully opened the teacher's closet, pulling out two shirts, wincing at the sight of them. "Oh." He grimaced. "Who is this guy, Safari Sam?" He scoffed, flashing his eyebrows up and down in distaste. "Okay, bad or badder?" He asked, placing both shirts over his body. That is, to the historian's body.

"Dark colors suit you better." Katherine replied with reluctance, absolutely not amused by her oppressor's antics. Her voice lacking the usual self-confidence and cockiness. 

"Oh, thank you, honey." He replied in a mocking tone, to which the younger vampire only rolled her eyes. Discreetly, of course. Katherine had a survival instinct like few others, she knew when not to add oil to the fire. 

"Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?He asked, putting on the shirt chosen by his prisoner.

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah." She quickly replied, her sharp eyes scanning his every move. "You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house." She added much more quietly, sighing in the meantime.

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay right where it is." Klaus responded, buttoning up the dark shirt. "The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah." He snorted, rolling his eyes. Teacher's eyes? "That guy is such a buzz kill." He murmured, the first thought coming through the almost-hybrid's head was how Elijah forbade him to slaughter their servant's village, who gave his favourite horse the wrong feed. Can you believe it? Buttercup could have died! Well, maybe not, but punishment was due.

Klaus stuffed the fodder down his throat and enclosed a rat in a metal bucket, which he tied to his stomach. 

Why medieval torture had gone out of fashion, Klaus had no idea. 

And he would like to point out that it was Rebekah who chose the name, not him. 

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend, Jenna." Katherine's voice snapped him out of his musings.

Klaus sighed deeply. "Right. Elena's aunt, for, uh, all the lies about Isobel." He replied, as if he was actually on some kind of quiz show, his finger pointing at the vampire. "What else?"

Katherine sighed deeply, her chocolate eyes focused on the floor instead of him. If she were human, her mouth would've been bleeding long ago, because of how hard she was biting it.

"Katerina." He drawled, raising his eyebrows in anticipation. "What else?" He echoed himself, taking few predatory steps towards the scared vampire.

"They were trying to see if the Bennet witch could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger." She replied without looking at him. She figured that lying and withholding answers didn't make much sense when she didn't have vervain in her system. If Klaus hasn't killed Isobel yet, that will be her number one task when she finally gets out of there. If she gets out of there.