vii. | in the loop

chapter 7

chapter 7

I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The moment her eyes fluttered open, she shot forward, ready to continue the fight. Yet, was stopped by two strong hands.

"Hey, hey, hey. Chill out Harley, before you'll hurt yourself." The cocky voice of Damon Salvatore rang through her ears and she let out a groan, falling behind on the couch.

"The fuck?" She mumbled under her breath, clutching the bruised skin on her neck with her scraped hand. She closed her eyes, too sensitive to the blinding light. That motherfucker knocked her out to the next day, damn. She needed to work on that.

"That's what we want to ask you, sugar." Damon mused, pouring himself two fingers of bourbon. She contoured her face and took a moment to look around the room. She raised an eyebrow when she saw the whole Scooby Gang on a nearby couch, minus Elena Gilbert, staring at her like she was some exhibition in a museum. Caroline flashed to her sister in a heartbeat, worried expression on her face.

"We found you dead unconscious in the parking lot, all battered in blood. What happened, J?" Caroline muttered, helping her sister rise to a sitting position.

Jade hummed, silently thanking her. She looked around herself, finding out that she wasn't in her home, but in some pretty overdone man cave. Or man mansion. So this must be the famous Salvatore Boarding House, huh? "Oh, nothing too interesting. Where's Elena?" She asked and poured herself a glass of the amber liquid as well, ignoring the weird looks they gave her.

"She's late or went already to school, I guess. Why?" Stefan replied, uneasyness clear in his gaze. Jade took a sip, savoring the warmth that spread through her body and kissed her teeth.

Jeremy was about to chime in, but Jade interrupted him. "Well, I would check on that, especially since some creepy vampire wanted to kidnap her yesterday." She said nonchalantly, leaning back on the couch with an exhale.

"What?!" The whole choir chimed at the same time, Jeremy and Stefan already on their way to call the missing girl.

"Yeah, I beat the shit out of him for a sec, but you know." She proceed to gesture with her hands. "Vamp? Human? Do the math."

"Didn't you almost kill Damon?" Caroline muttered next to her.

Jade cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrow. "I don't remember that, thank you very much." She pointed out, Caroline looked away in shame. Jade sighed, turing to the dark haired vampire and scanned him from top to bottom. "Besides, it's Damon." She didn't even know him well, only from her sister's stories. But as far as she knows, his ego is fucking endless, so why not stifle it a bit.