ix. | daddy issues

chapter 27

chapter 27

Stop and wait a sec
When you look at me like that, my darlin', what did you expect?
I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck
Or I did last time I checked

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JADE GROANED IN DISTASTE as she walked through the parking lot of the airport in her home state, eyes barely open as they flicked over the beautiful landscape of Virginia. Finding Caroline's car, she swung open the passenger door and threw herself on the seat, sighing in defeat.

Caroline and Katherine exchanged amused glances and then poked their gazes back into the blonde. "I don't even know what's better at this point; Mystic Falls or New Orleans." Jade mumbled under her breath. Then, she paused, rolling her eyes. "Nevermind, it's still New Orleans." She muttered in annoyance. "How's my child?" She questioned, a little black ball of fur in her mind. 

"How was it?" Younger Forbes asked, smiling slightly as she started to drive back to Mystic Falls. Then, she threw a pointed glance at her older sister. "Seatbelt." She said firmly. "And Morti's... fine. Mostly. She totally didn't tear my favorite blouse and didn't pee on my bed." Caroline said, her left eye twitching slightly.

Jade barked a laugh in amusement, shaking her head. 

That's her daughter.

After a pause, Caroline's words echoed in her mind. "I'm a vampire." She deadpanned, giving her a look.

Caroline responded with slight narrowment of her eyes. "Seatbelt." She repeated, her voice commanding.

Jade rolled her eyes, stealing a glance at Katherine in the back. Seeing that she, too, had her seatbelt fastened, she couldn't help but snort in amusement, to which the brunette rolled her eyes. "At first it was cool, Cami finally believed in the supernatural when I presented her my fangs." She said as she relaxed back into her seat.

Caroline's eyebrows jumped up. "Couldn't you start with something a little... milder?" She questioned, wrinkling her nose as she uttered the last word.

Jade hummed in mock thought. "No, not really." She replied after a pause, earning a snort from the doppelgänger. "Her face was just..." She trailed off, kissing the tips of her fingers. "Besides, it was better than having her bang her head against the wall." She said knowingly as she twisted her head around to Katherine, flashing her an annoyed smirk.

"Too bad you didn't see your face then." The doppelgänger snickered with a cheeky tug of her lips, leaning back on her seat. "I could've taken a pic." She shook her head to herself.

Jade narrowed her eyes at her. "Funny." She deadpanned, not a hint of amusement on her features, to which Katherine send her a wink.

"Poor Cami." Caroline shook her head with a sigh. Second later, she furrowed her eyebrows, glancing side-ways to her sister. "Wait, 'at first it was cool'?"