xii. | chaotic evil

chapter 30

chapter 30

Draw the cat eye, sharp enough to kill a man
You did some bad things, but I'm the worst of them
They say looks can kill and I might try
I don't dress for women
I don't dress for men
Lately I've been dressing for revenge

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JADE DIDN'T WANT to wake up. She wanted to close her eyes, succumb in her bed and just die.

So she did just that, but without the dying part. Unfortunately.

For a whole week. 

She ignored everyone's phone calls and texts, being too busy watching Dr. House on rotation with Jersey Shore. She also ate very little, her skin slightly grey and dry from a week-long diet, satisfied with a glass of blood a day. She had no desire for more, despite her addictive relationship with the red liquid. On the other hand, it could be seen as the equivalent of self-harm; the blonde punishing herself for everything that had happened in her life recently. From a sick point of view, she wanted to feel bad, she wanted to feel her worst, because the feeling was very familiar, in which she paradoxically felt safe. 

Does that makes sense? Probably not. Too bad Jade didn't care. 

As she lazily opened her eyes, the first thing that landed in her line of sight was what had been there all week. An easel that stood in the middle

A new easel. 

The first morning after that awful night when Jade woke up, she saw it standing in the middle of her bedroom. At first she thought she was delusional, or that the fact that she had smashed it was a hallucination. But no, coming closer, she saw that this one was new, clean, unused. 

When realization dawned at her, she wanted to smash it too. 

But then she realized she didn't have a spare one, and since this one was already here...

...

Then she began to wonder how the bastard had even brought it inside without waking anyone up. 

No matter, she had an expensive easel for free.

Yay. 

...

Nevermind, she still wanted to die.

Caroline had been seeing to her sister all week, which only made Jade feel even worse. She was the one who almost died, she was the one whose life hung in the balance, she should be the one to take care of. But her little sister, as usual, proved once again how strong she was, how huge her heart was. Jade could never.