xviii. | two rippers are better than one

chapter 18

chapter 18

And so I dream, voices in my head
Delusions mock me my best friend is dead
You're gonna die, I'm gonna kill you

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

They didn't kill him.

Shocking, isn't it?

The two women found that out after they tried to leave the apartment, each time colliding with an invisible barrier. Two fucking days they were trapped in Alaric's apartment and by the end they thought they were about to go crazy. Well, one actually went. During this time, Jade kept in touch with her sister, informing her that their mother knew about Caroline's vampire nature, to which she replied that she already knew━thanks to Matt, who admitted that he had faked the success of the girl's compulsion and was actually spying on her for their mother.

Scum.

And then he broke up with her.

Scum x2.

Jade was silent on the subject of her newly restored memories, stating that this was not a conversation to be had over the phone.

Then, it died.

And Ric didn't have an Iphone charger.

Sweet.

The two vampires spent those days mostly plotting against the Salvatore brothers, drinking blood mixed with alcohol (Klaus' supply was nearly drained) and gossiping. A lot of gossiping.

Did you know that Elijah is awesome at playing the piano? And that he even wrote a song for Katerina in the 15th century? How adorable! And Klaus' an artist? Like, doesn't paint with blood, but with actual paint on canvas? Wow.

Okay, he definitely paints with blood, too.

Also, a lot of drinking was done in those two days.

━━━━━━━━

"Why do you call me Katerina and not Katherine, like everyone else?" Katherine asked, hanging upside down on the couch.

Jade snorted with amusement. "Because that's your real name, duh." She said, rocking out to the music that was played at full volume, an early empty whiskey bottle in her grasp.

Katherine scoffed. "It is not. Katerina died in 1492."

Jade raised her eyebrows, grimacing her face. "Why are you talking about yourself in third person? Sooo dramatic." She rolled her eyes, taking a sip from the bottle. "And life's not that simple, you can't just choose who you are." She pointed at the brunette. "You're Katerina to me. The lovesick fool from 15th century and the cold-hearted bitch from the 21th."