vi. | kitty kat just loves to mess with siblings

chapter 6

chapter 6

Show me how to lie, you're getting better all the time
And turning all against the one is an art that's hard to teach
Another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd
And as you step back into line, a mob jumps to their feet

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next day, Jade was sitting at the diner table, sipping coffee, of which the temperature reminded her of hell, but she didn't pay the slightest attention to it at the moment. Eyes focused ahead, her brain worked like a machine. She wondered if she was living in some cheap 80's slasher movie. How is this possible? Was it even possible? Vampires? Her rational side didn't allow this thought into her head, but something else whispered to her that it was indeed, true. She felt it inside herself, in her blood, in her bones, that that thought was completely rational, as if she had everything well explained, but none of the evidence was handed to her on a silver platter. It was as if she already had something on the tip of her tongue, and just as that thought was coming to the surface, someone cut off that tongue and sunk it back in.

Maybe she's finally out of her mind? Maybe it's time to admit that she needs help, that she's not as well off as she was before? What was the trigger? Mystic Falls? That would make sense. Given the fact that her brain is being gifted with new ditches all the time, it probably resembled Emmental cheese right now. Add in the mysterious bruises, horrible headaches, messages which she didn't remember sending, magic teleportations, and you have the perfect candidate for an experimental shock therapy.

"I think it's time for you to put me in a mental asylum." Jade said in a calm voice without any emotion, tone absolutely serious. She sat in the kitchen, finding that she would go more crazy if she sat in her dark room, which slowly began to merit the term burrow. Caroline came down a while after her, but Jade didn't pay much attention, too buried in her sick musings.

Caroline snapped her head up in a flash, eyebrows so high, that they disappeared into her hair. "What?" She hissed with a grimace on her face, pushing her head toward her creepily still sister.

"You heard me." Jade replied, nonchalantly taking a sip from her coffee, eyes still pointed ahead.

Caroline sighed, placing her hand on her hip. "What the hell are you on about?"

Jade let out a tsk. "Well, I tried to tell you few days ago, but you told me to go and fuck myself." She chirped, swallowing the lava in her cup.

Caroline scoffed. "I did not tell you that." She gestured with her free hand in Jade's direction. She was scheduled to meet with Katherine that day, to give her an account of her strange plot to play double agent. A small part of her was grateful for that, because she didn't know what she was supposed to say to Jade, when everything that was bothering her was her fault. Maybe not entirely hers, but she was certainly partly responsible.