xiii. | overdue confrontations

chapter 13

chapter 13

Your cover up is caving in
Man is such a fool
Why are we saving him?
Poisoning themselves now
Begging for our help, wow!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Thank you, my guardian angel, for the clothes. Can you imagine that at one point I had to repeat outfits?" Jade complained, lying sprawled on the living room couch, an episode of Jersey Shore humming in the background.

"Oh, the horror." Cami mocked on the other side of the line. "And you're very welcome." She chirped.

"How's NOLA? Marcel's still trailing after you?" Jade asked, her eyes slightly narrowed.

Was it Jade who told Marcel to follow Cami around and keep her safe? Maybe. Was it Jade who wrote Marcel a paragraph full of curses and threats for lying to her? Maybe.

You have no evidence.

"Yes, and it's driving me fucking nuts. I told him off, Jade style, and I can still see his minions in the corner of my vision." Cami grumbled.

"Oh, really? That bastard." Jade huffed, faking annoyance. "You're wearing your vervain, right?"

"Yes, it actually smells kinda nice." Cami replied, and Jade let out a relieved sigh, relaxing on the couch. "Your sister's still being sacrificed?" She asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm and amusement.

Jade tensed up again, her eyes narrowing into tiny slits. That bitch. "Yes." She hissed through gritted teeth. "Still don't believe me?"

"Jade..." Cami trailed off and Jade could actually hear the blonde's eyeroll.

Jade sighed, not blaming her for not believing. Who would? "It's cool. Actually. I've been thinking..."

"Yes...?" Cami drawled in anticipation.

"I think I'll come home for the weekend. Kinda miss your annoying face." Jade muttered into the phone, twirling a strand of hair between her fingers.

"Really? Aw, I miss yours, too." Cami cooed and Jade rolled her eyes. "But no, really. That's awesome."

Jade's corners of her mouth twitched up. "Yeah, I also have some business in town."

"What business?" Cami asked curiously.

"Oh, you know. Apartament and studio's stuff. Paperwork." That's not even a lie. Jade's vacation leave combined with a drawn-out sick leave is coming to an end, and she needs to go get it done. Or get fired. Whatever. But the main reason is...

Beating Marcel up.

Suddenly she heard footsteps walking towards her, she lifted her head up slightly and saw a pretty dazed Caroline. The blonde furrowed her eyebrows at this sight and got up from the couch. "I gotta go, Cams. Love ya." She murmured into the phone and hung up.