v. | deadly p.e

chapter 23

chapter 23

Fuck you, fuck you very, very much
'Cause we hate what you do
And we hate your whole crew
So, please don't stay in touch

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PAIN was all she felt.

Before Jade opened her eyes, all she felt was pain in her neck. Awesome. All in all, what else could she have expected? No lie, she had hoped for a slightly different reaction, but hope is the mother of fools. Opening her eyes slightly, she saw Stefan's face lying next to her, his neck still bent in an unnatural way. Taking a deep breath, she ran her eyes over the van.

Betrayal was all she saw.

There was Klaus, leaning against the wall of the vehicle with his arms folded, driving his murderous gaze straight into hers. She grunted in disbelief and sprang to her feet, meanwhile looking around for her cat. When she saw Morti asleep in the corner curled up in a ball, she took a breath of relief, and then her expression changed to a frown, driving her burning eyes into the hybrid.

"Was it fucking necessary?" She demanded, her finger gesturing toward her neck.

Klaus inclined his head slightly. "No, but it brought me great joy." He replied, a frigid smile taking form on his lips.

"You're so..." She trailed off, eyes darting around the van. There was so many adjectives with which she could describe him that she just couldn't decide and the only thing that came out of her mouth was an exasperated groan. "I just told you why your stupid hybrids aren't working and you're━"

"━No, no, no." He interjected, advancing towards her, his head shaking ever so slightly. "Now I will speak, sweetheart." He practically snarled into her face once he was right in front of her. Jade narrowed her eyes, her back making contact with the van's wall. "How long have you known?" He asked, his head tilting. The blonde just let out a disbelieving scoff, her eyes raking around the van. Klaus grabbed her chin, forcefully turning her face back to his. "How long, hm?" He echoed himself, his face stone-cold.

"Since day one." She spat, her face inching closer to his as she swatted his hand away.

Klaus' mouth twitched upwards, but his eyes ramained blazing. "Lovely." He whispered under his breath as he turned around. "All summer, three whole bloody months you haven't peeped a thing. Quite astonishing, really."

Jade chuckled darkly as she shook her head. "Why would I? " She exclaimed, her arms spreading in the air. Klaus twisted around, his expression ready to murder as he started to walk towards her once more. "Three months ago you were nothing more to me than a fucked-up psycho who not only wanted to kill me, but also my sister, kidnapped me, dragged me all over the country in search of dogs and an unbelievable pain in the ass!" She shouted into his face. After a second of them both just heavy breathing, she added. "Besides, I told you a few days after when we found out they weren't fucking working!"