viii. | c'mere doggy doggy

chapter 8

chapter 8

Who was fitted with collar and chain?
Who was given a pat on the back?
Who was breaking away from the pack?
Who was only a stranger at home?
Who was ground down in the end?
Who was found dead on the phone?
Who was dragged down by the stone?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was noon and Jade was sprawled on the couch in her family's home, watching Twilight: Eclipse as she munched on onion chips. It was the only fitting movie for her life right now. Wherever you look there could be vampires, your sister's friend could turn out to be a witch, and your old classmate could come from a family with a werewolf gene. Plus, there were a lot of good abs in it, so she didn't complain. It was one of those rare moments where she could relax, not think about anything. Finally, her head wasn't swirling with questions, she wasn't losing her mind, and she wasn't wondering whether to secure a shelter in a madhouse.

It turned out that the Gilbert siblings had suicidal tendencies. One had entered the tomb where Katherine was drying out, and the other had gone on a mission to surrender to the freaky vampire king. Both of these missions went sideways, although the gang retrieved their precious moonstone. Too bad the little Gilbert paid the price, lenting some of his blood to Kitty Kat. A lot of it. Okay, practically all of it. But she really couldn't care less, at least her new... friend? Was it the right word? Had a little meal.

The thing with Katherine was so fucking weird, she couldn't quite comprehend it. They sat together in that tomb for a while that day, talking about such bullshit towards the end that Jade didn't know it was possible with someone like that. With such reputation. The ultimate vampire slut even laughed. Jade learned that there was a history between Elijah and Katherine, and a pretty spicy one at that. But currently he wants to kill her just like his brother Klaus, so she guessed it was all in the past. Jade, on the other hand, told the intrigued vampire more of her psycho tendencies, which consisted of watered down empathy, indifference to gore and more. She didn't share what caused such traits. After learning this, Katherine asked her if she's sure she's Caroline's real sister.

But the funniest thing was her conversation with Cami about the mysterious blue rings yesterday.

"What? Are you high?" Cami accused, and Jade could imagine the look on her face.

Jade snorted. "I fucking wish, to be honest. But, no I'm not high." She said, rolling her eyes. "Don't you know I know what that sounds like? Believe me, I thought I was living in some fucked-up 80s horror movie, but when you actually see dozens of empty blood bags, and actual fucking fangs in front of you, it kinda makes you change your mind."

"Jade..." Cami trailed off, her 'Jade, what the fuck' tone of voice on.

Jade let out an exasperated sigh. "I know. You don't have to believe me. I didn't believe it at first, either." She flashed her eyebrows. "But you have to promise me something. Fucking must." She said firmly.