xv. | i was not enchanted to meet you

chapter 15

chapter 15

With her sweetened breath, and her tongue so mean
She's the angel of small death and the codeine scene
With her straw-blonde hair, her arms hard and lean
She's the angel of small death and the codeine scene

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Her whole fucking body hurt. 

Well, she was alive at least, wasn't she?

Wait, was she?

Jade's eyes shot open, though she quickly closed them, due to the blinding light. She covered her face with her forearm, but regretted the decision once she felt a shrill pain in her shoulder. Broken or dislocated, fuck knows.

Fucking Klaus.

Just as she let out a quiet groan, she instantly heard quick footsteps in the hallway. 3, 2━

"Finally!" Caroline exclaimed, walking at full speed into Jade's bedroom with a mug in her hand.

"What's the time?" Jade murmured hoarsely, raising slowly into a sitting position, a soft hiss in pain escaping her lips. 

"You almost died yesterday and that's your first question?" Younger Forbes asked with raised eyebrows as she took a seat on Jade's bed. She shoved the mug into her sister's hands, her face visibly pissed off. "And it's almost 7, don't worry. We'll make it." She said in a mocking tone.

Jade grabbed the cup, throwing a look at her younger sister. "Good, good." She murmured, taking a sip, pulling a disguisted face at the taste. "What the fuck is that?"

"A magic elixir so that you can walk and breathe without screaming." She chirped, putting on a forced smile on her face, her head cocking to the side. 

"So, blood and bourbon. What a treat." Jade flashed her eyebrows up and down and downed her health potion in few gulps, grimacing in the meantime. When she was done, she put the mug down on her nightsand, but almost dropped it on her way, because of the push her sister gave her.

"I can't believe you!" Caroline yelled, throwing her hands in the air, piercing her with wide and blazing eyes. 

"What?" Jade barked, pushing her face forwad and scrunching it in confusion.

Caroline scoffed in disbelief. "He almost killed you! Are you out of your fucking mind?"

Jade clicked her tongue against her teeth. "Well━"

"Shut up! Do I have to tie you down with shackles? What's wrong with you?" Her younger sister prevented her from finishing her sentence, pointing a finger in the blonde's face.