3. Jaelyn Brentwood

I sat down at one of the computers in the computer lab that was in the library, I pulled my phone out sending Shay a quick text before it slipped my mind to let her know Adrian and I were meeting today.

I locked my phone as I chose to use the next thirty minutes to double down on some assignments I had due, though I was a party girl, I was far from dumb

I locked my phone as I chose to use the next thirty minutes to double down on some assignments I had due, though I was a party girl, I was far from dumb. Yes, I enjoyed a good time, shit college was a once in a lifetime experience and I wasn't about to miss out on everything that went with it. So I partied hard! I deserved it with the work I put in. Truth be told, I'm smart as hell and that's not even on no cocky shit, it's a fact. I was valedictorian of my high school class and received a full academic ride to attend this university. Since starting college two years ago I've maintained a perfect GPA and even though I'm just now getting into the bulk of my major, I still planned to keep that perfect GPA to the best of my ability.

I zoned in finishing up some assignments, just as I hit the submit button my phone vibrated. I looked at it seeing Adrian's name pop up on my text notifications. I clicked on the message, reading it and responding.

I gathered my stuff and walked out as I spotted him leaning against the wall with his head in his phone

I gathered my stuff and walked out as I spotted him leaning against the wall with his head in his phone. I took in his outfit from head to toe. He wore a black tee with some black joggers and a pair of OG Royal 1's on his feet with his book bag slung over one shoulder. His waves swimming as always with a tiny gold hoop in one ear and a simple gold chain around his neck. His muscles bulged from his arms looking like he never missed a day in the gym. I definitely understood the hype behind his looks and I hated that I did. I walked up to him as I watched him assess me the same way I had just done him. I spoke, bringing his focus to my face. "Where would you like to sit?" I questioned as he leaned up from the wall. "I reserved a room on the fourth floor." He replied with ease as he nodded towards the elevators. "Okay, lead the way." He made his way to the elevator as I sent Shay a quick text to let her know we would be on the fourth floor.

The elevator ride was silent as we both had our heads in our phone, the energy already feeling off. It was clear that neither one of us wanted to be working on this together. I was hopeful that our interaction wouldn't stay this strained. We got off the elevator as I watched him survey each room number before coming across the one he reserved, he opened the door motioning for me to walk in first. The room he chose had see through glass as a door which worked out perfectly for Shay 'just happening to see me.' I rolled my eyes at the thought of her shenanigans but I was no better because I was entertaining it.