20. Adrian Brown

I smiled as I looked over at Jaelyn, it was a three day weekend and I had convinced her to come with me on a little trip to the next city over just to get out of town and away from school. She laid with her head on the headrest as she focused on the road. She looked over at me, a smile coming to her face. "What?" She asked as I focused back on the road. I shook my head as if to say nothing. I truly just enjoyed being in her presence.

I booked a hotel that had a heated indoor and outdoor pool. A few weeks ago, one of the things she said she wanted to learn was how to swim so I hoped to teach her how. I had already ordered her a swim cap and planned to purchase whatever shit she needed for her hair in case she tried to protest once we got there. "You look suspect." I could hear the smile in her voice, "what do you have planned?"

I reached my hand over, grabbing hers. "Just a good time, relax." I flashed a smile her way before focusing back on the road. We made it to the hotel in no time as we quickly got checked in and headed to the room. I got a little suite that had a kitchen so we had the choice to eat in or eat out. "This is cute." She spoke as she walked through the room before taking a seat beside me on the bed. She grabbed my face as she placed a kiss on my lips, I easily deepened it but then pulled away. "We need to hit the store, we got all weekend to get nasty." I spoke as I stood up with a smile, she rolled her eyes as she easily grabbed her purse ready to head out again.

"Eating in or out tonight?" I questioned as I drove, she shrugged, "if we eating in does that mean I'm cooking?" She asked, "we're cooking." I responded as she smiled, "then let's eat in." I pulled up to a Walmart as we grabbed some steak, potatoes, and green beans as well as seasonings, and oil, and any other thing we thought we might need. "Damn, we should've just ate out." I let out once I realized how much shit we needed. She laughed, "too late." We grabbed some snacks and some wine and then I made her stop by the hair products. "Adrian, I know you told me to pack a bathing suit, but I'm not getting my hair wet so this isn't needed."

I kissed my teeth, "man, Jae get the shit you need. Cause you might be getting your hair wet." She crossed her arms, "no I'm not." I shook my head as I chuckled, "I got you a swim cap, but that shit may not be enough. Get the shit you need, I already know you be doing your own hair. C'mon now."

"I can't even swim Adrian, what the hell –" She stopped mid-sentence like she figured it out as she smiled wide, "you trying to teach me how to swim." I nodded, "that's the plan." She dropped her arms, "in the middle of fall?" I laughed, "it's the beginning and the hotel's pools are heated and one is indoor, we gon' be good."

"Adrian, stop making me like you." She spoke with a smile as she finally looked at the hair products and grabbed what she needed. "You lucky I brought my flat iron or you would have been purchasing one of those as well." I shrugged, "shit don't make no difference to me." She put the products in the cart, "Mhm, I hear you." I pulled her into me before we left the aisle as I placed a kiss on her lips. She easily wrapped around me as I smiled down at her. I fucked with Jae heavy.

We'd been spending a lot of time together, probably too much. She was more like a girlfriend than anyone I had shared the 'friends with benefits' title with in the past. And I knew I probably should have been pulling away as to not get her hopes up, but I wanted to live in this woman, that's how much I enjoyed spending time and being with her. It'd been a while since I truly enjoyed being in someone's presence this much.

She pulled away from me, "come on, let's check out. I'm hungry. Which means we need to get to cooking so I can get to eating." I pushed the basket as we headed to the checkout line. The line moved slow as fuck but once we exited we made it back to the hotel quick as Jae quickly got to setting up to cook by turning on the stove and cutting up the potatoes.