25. Jaelyn Brentwood

"How was the dinner last night?" I questioned as Adrian stood across from me pouring us some wine into two wine glasses. Yesterday I spent most of the day with my mom and grandparents, and he spent the day with his family, and then of course the dinner with Samoa's family, which turned into a dinner with his family too. He looked up at me momentarily, "it was cool."

I wanted details, "what happened? What did y'all talk about?" He handed me my wine glass as he took a sip of his. "School, football, plans after graduating, family stories and shit." I nodded as I picked up my wine glass and took a sip from it. He chuckled as he shook his head, "what?" I asked. "I just don't understand why you asking about shit that clearly bothers you." He responded. "Because I can let my mind run rampant with made up scenarios or I can calm the beast by just asking."

He nodded satisfied with that answer, "well in that case, I appreciate you asking." I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure." He sat his wine glass down and started walking towards his bathroom, "the food should be here shortly. Listen out." I nodded as I pulled out my phone, as soon as he closed the bathroom door there was a knock on the door.

I got up, all too ready to devour this Chinese food. I opened the door and was immediately surprised, it wasn't the Chinese food but Adrian's family. "Is this Adrian's apartment?" His mother asked as she looked at the number outside the door again. I swallowed hard as I nodded, "um yes." I moved to the side to let her in.

She was a beauty, light skin with long hair that was curled loosely, plump lips, with dark piercing eyes. She dressed like she came from old money and carried herself like a queen. My eyes went to his father who was much darker, with skin the color of chocolate and handsome as ever. I automatically saw where Adrian got his looks from, he was a lighter version of his father. I looked to his brother who was a handsome thing, complexion light like Adrian's but not as light as their mother, but he definitely had more traits of his mother. They were a beautiful ass family.

I was so taken aback, I was sure it seemed I was staring. I didn't know what to say or do, and I wished Adrian would hurry up in the bathroom. And my wish came true, "the food here?" He yelled out as he walked back out to the front. His face showed he was just as surprised as I had been. "Mom, pops, Aaron,  what y'all doing here?" He asked as his mothers eyes went from me to Adrian.

I was just thankful that I happened to be properly dressed today since I went to breakfast with my family. I had on jeans and a cream colored sweater, very different from the shorts and oversized tees I usually wore over here.

"Well we were going to Tessie's Treats and remembered you mentioned how much you loved them, I called but you didn't answer so I thought it didn't hurt to stop by to see if you wanted to come." She let out. "So I take it Samoa really is just a friend?" She questioned shortly after. I pulled my lips into my mouth, this shit just got even more awkward. Another knock came through on the door which I was sure was the food now. "I'll get that, that's the food." I let out, wanting to excuse myself from conversation. I headed to the door which wasn't too far since his family didn't go too far into the apartment to begin with.

Adrian easily answered, "I told you that." I heard him respond as I opened the door, grabbed the food, and thanked the delivery person. "I ain't got no reason to lie to y'all." I walked towards the kitchen to set the food down but Adrian pulled me before I got too far, pulling my backside against his front. "This is Jaelyn though. I should properly introduce you all."

"Jaelyn, this is my mom, Lauren, my dad, Andrew, and my little brother Aaron." I smiled, my best smile as I spoke, "hi, it's lovely to meet you all." His little brother was the first to speak as he licked his lips and looked me up and down, "the pleasure is all mine." His dad hit him upside his head as he gave me a warm hello and his mother was the last to acknowledge me as she gave me a small nod with a small smile.