38. Jaelyn Brentwood

Crystal and I sat on Vivi's couch as she refilled drinks. Both of them were cool as hell and I was happy to have met them. The men went out tonight so Crystal and Vivi were having a girls night in and invited me. They were cool with the other girlfriends and wives but the two of them were the closest and easily welcomed me in once we hit off, and I was thankful for it because a lot of the others were very superficial and not my cup of tea.

"So what do you like to do for fun?" Vivi asked as she threw a cheese cube in her mouth. They had set up a little snack area in the center of the table.

I bit my lip with a smile, "to be real, I'm a party girl." I let out before taking a sip of my almost empty cup, I was downing these shits. They were so good. I needed to slow down. Crystal smiled wide, "my type of girl!" Vivi shook her head with a smile, "right up your alley." She agreed.

"Vivi ass hardly ever wants to go out. See I knew you were a great addition." Crystal let out as I laughed, "so the club like where the boys at tonight, that's your type of scene?" Crystal further asked, "or like bars and shit more so?"

"Both." I responded with ease. This excited her, "yessss!" Crystal let out all too happy. "So you would have been down to go out with the boys tonight?" I easily nodded again, "hell yeah."

"Vivi, your ass bout to be replaced." Crystal let out teasing her as I laughed, "no, don't do her like that." I let out as Vivi got up grabbing all of our cups to refill them with the mixed drink she had made that was slowly creeping up on me. "Shit, it don't bother me none I be tired of turning her ass down." Vivi smiled as she walked towards the kitchen.

"You and Adrian go out together often?" Crystal questioned as I shook my head no, "it's not his scene. He doesn't ever want to stay long." I let out with a hint of annoyance. "Really? Well his ass made friends with niggas who can't sit they ass down." Crystal spoke. "You go out with them ever?" I asked. She moved her hand side to side to say sometimes, "but not really." She rolled her eyes like there was more she wanted to say but instead swerved to her next question.

"So how long have you and Adrian been together?" Crystal asked, "almost two years." I replied as Vivi walked back in handing both of us our drinks. "What about y'all?" I asked as my eyes floated between both of them. Crystal answered first with a sigh, "four years girl." I smiled as Vivi chimed in, "we've been married for three years, together for eight." I nodded, "I love that."

Crystal and Vivi smiled wide as they looked at me. "You seem like the hopeless romantic type. You know what you're getting into with an NFL player?" Crystal asked as I took a sip of my drink, my smile easily dropping, "an NFL player? Maybe not. Do I know what I'm getting with Adrian? I'm pretty confident I do." I stated confidently as I took a sip of my drink. She had to have poured some extra liquor in this mix.

Vivi smiled, "I know that's right." Crystal shook her head as a small smile played on her face as well, "I feel it, but I was with Vince before the NFL too Jaelyn, and I just don't want you to get to caught up in the fairytale life. Vince doesn't think I know, but that nigga cheats. And Johnny used to cheat too."

Vivi rolled her eyes at the thought of it as Crystal continued, "there are girls constantly in their faces, willing to do whatever. Our roles stand firm and we always get the fruit but I just want to be real with you." I nodded, not liking what I was hearing but also reminding myself that Adrian was nothing like Vince and Johnny. He despised cheating, he felt like it was pointless when you could just be single. He'd had women throwing themselves at him in college and that shit didn't shake him, while this was a new caliber of women I trusted him still nonetheless. I wasn't about to let what they were saying shake me, I couldn't. And I was nothing like them, I was not sticking with Adrian if he cheated. I could give a fuck about the money and the fruits of the labor, I wasn't going out like that.