13. Adrian Brown

"Are you listening to me?" Samoa asked, I wasn't. I was zoned the fuck out, I shook my head, "my bad, what did you say?" She tucked one of her curls behind her ear, "what's on your mind? You better not be stressing about this game on Friday." I laughed as I shook my head, "nah." Truth be told, she didn't want to know what was on mind, because the night I had with Jaelyn and the lack of sleep from it was plaguing it.

Samoa and I decided to meet at Starbucks this morning to grab some coffee before a class we had together; Jaelyn had literally left the hour before. She ended up staying the night, and let's just say there clearly wasn't much sleep taking place. So this coffee was life changing at the moment. "Just tired." I let out honestly as I ran a hand over my face. I lowkey felt like shit sitting across from her when I had fucked someone else literally hours before meeting up with her. Yes I'm single, but I wasn't that type of nigga, I meant what I said when I said I was a one woman man, typically. It never intrigued me to have multiple women, shit seemed more like a headache than anything and I had a conscience. Though Samoa and I weren't together, I was fucking her regularly, so at the bare minimum I owed her the same respect that I required when it came to fucking with me. Which meant that what Jaelyn and I did couldn't happen again.

"You didn't sleep good last night?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee. I shook my head no as memories of Jaelyn riding me came to mind. I quickly wiped the thought out of mind as my text tone went off. I looked down at my phone that sat on the table as Samoa did the same. "Jaelyn," she spoke reading who the message was from. "How's the project going?" She asked. I picked my phone up using my face to unlock it so that I could read the text. "It's going good. We finished it up yesterday." I responded with my head in my phone.

I just told myself it couldn't happen again, but here I was insinuating that it would

I just told myself it couldn't happen again, but here I was insinuating that it would. Jaelyn had my interest far more than she should have. I locked my phone as I looked up at Samoa, "what was that?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. "Huh?" I asked confused, "that little smile when you read the message and responded." I hadn't even noticed I smiled, I took a sip of my coffee. "I didn't even realize I did that." I let out honestly, "she's just funny sometimes." I let out. That answer seemed to satisfy her. "Oh, I believe it. Daquan is taking a liking to her." Samoa and Daquan were really good friends, like hung out often type friends. It never bothered me and would never bother me. He wasn't a threat to me, and we both knew I was the better catch.

"Oh yeah?" I asked not really giving a fuck. She nodded, "they're supposed to be going to the bar after the game on Friday, asked if I wanted to come but I'm not trying to be third wheeling. I know you don't like to go out but you came to the kickback and enjoyed it and I would love it if you came this Friday too, plus you and Jaelyn seem to be pretty cool now." The last thing I wanted to do was a double date with Jaelyn and Daquan, when I was just digging in her guts. I shook my head no, "I'm good." She made a sad face, "babe, just think about it." I had and it was a no for me, but to suit her I told her I would. We sat for a little bit longer talking before heading out to our ten am class, which we also happened to share with Daquan. She typically sat in between the two of us but for some reason Daquan decided to sit beside me, and quite frankly I wasn't in the mood. I was fucking tired.