37. Adrian Brown

"Damn, this us baby." I smiled as Jaelyn and I walked around the high rise apartment we were renting out after finally getting most of the furniture in. It had the most amazing view of the skyline with its floor to ceiling windows. Jaelyn smiled, "this shit is crazy." I nodded, "I know." She walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. "We really doing this shit." She let out, I placed a kiss on her lips, "we really doing this shit." I confirmed.

The last place we ended up in was our room so we easily fell back on the king sized bed as I pulled her into me. This woman had my heart, "I love you Jae." She looked up at me, catching my eyes. "I love you too." She let out, "Adrian." From the look in her eyes I already knew it was a possibility I would need to reassure her, she had so many fears with moving here and some I got, but others I didn't.

"Yes?" I prodded, she bit her lip as she leaned up, placing her hands under her chin. "I love you, like a lot." I nodded, "and I love you a lot, I am in love with you. Deeply in love with you." I emphasized, "and it scares me sometimes." She continued, "I've never loved someone like I love you." I smiled at the realization that Jaelyn was in love with a nigga, and she didn't know how to handle that shit. "Damn, so I'm like you first love huh?" She rolled her eyes with a smile crossing her face, "shit, imma be your only love. Ain't no way I'm giving you up." I finished as she smiled even wider, "shut up." She was silent for a moment as she just looked me over, "I get so scared, like this shit is just too good between us, too calm and it's like I feel like a storm has to be on the horizon." I shook my head as I looked at her, "don't speak that shit into existence, shit can just be good Jae. Love does not have to be hard. And even when it gets hard we gon' push through that shit."

I smacked her ass, "now get up, Johnny having some shit at his house and it's a chance for you to meet the other players and their wives and girlfriends, make you some friends." She slowly got up, "I do not want my friend group restricted to them." I laughed, "it don't have to be but it's start."

———

"Damn." Jaelyn let out as we pulled up to Johnny's, his house was huge. So the reaction wasn't surprising, I nodded as a smile appeared on my face. "You want to live in some shit like this?" I asked as we waited in line for the valet parking. She shook her head no, "I don't need this much house. What imma do with ten rooms?" I laughed, "think big baby. You can do whatever you want with the rooms." She shook her head, as we pulled up the valet service and got out. I grabbed her hand as I looked her over, she wore some hip hugging jeans and a simple shirt, chill as she should have been. I licked my lips as my eyes roamed over her, I would never get tired of looking at her. "I don't know if I told you, but you look good as fuck."

She laughed, "you tell me all the time, but thank you babe. So do you." She let out as she leaned in for a kiss before we walked in. I came face to face with all my teammates again, shit had been smooth and I got along well with everyone, "Rookie!" Vince called out coming my way with a smile, he was a wide receiver. I dapped him up, "what's up?" I smiled out, he had his girl beside him as I introduced him to Jaelyn, he introduced us to his girl Crystal as she easily swooped Jae to introduce her to some of the other girls.

"How you liking LA so far?" Vince questioned as he took a sip of the beer in his hand, "aye you want one?" He asked as he tilted his beer towards me to let me know that's what he was referring to. I shook my head, "I'm good right now, I might grab one in a little bit. But shit cool, I haven't got to do too much yet. We've just been getting settled in these last few weeks and shit. Finally got the summer schedule so mentally preparing for the start of all this."

Vince nodded with a smile, "I feel it. Y'all definitely have to get a feel of the city though. We gon' have to take you two out." I nodded, "I'm down for it." Vince and Johnny had been the most welcoming since I got here. Vince Rodgers was a rookie himself just two years ago while Johnny had some tenure, his name was big. Everybody knew who Johnny Mcmillian was. He was the LA Lions most known player, and I hoped to take his spot one day. But for now, I was here to learn.