28. Adrian Brown

I watched Jaelyn leave the restaurant with the same nigga she was at the game with last month, and I hated to see it. Apparently her and Drake had become more buddy buddy as he took it to stop and talk to her, and she made sure to wave bye to him. The shit lowkey fucked with me too.

Every nerve in my body reacted to seeing her. I missed her bad as hell. I contemplated on hitting her up multiple times but I didn't know what the fuck to say. And every time I had hit her up she ignored that shit. When I tried to catch her after class she damn near ran the other way.  I knew if I hit her up again I needed to come correct, which to me felt like I needed to tell her I was all in with her. I felt like that was what she wanted or needed, shit I don't know. I just knew I wanted her back in my space.

The shit was fucking with me so heavy that I invited Chelsea here; something we said we wouldn't do. But I needed to put shit back in perspective, remind myself of why I was choosing her and would always choose her. But running into Jaelyn was not part of the plan,  and the last thing I wanted was Jae thinking I got back with my ex this damn quick when she was plaguing my mind every damn day.

"You good babe?" Chelsea asked as I watched Jae walk out. I pulled my eyes from her as I looked at Chelsea, "you were zoned out weren't you?" She asked with a smile. My eyes shifted to Drake who was watching me like a hawk as he shook his head and went back to focusing on his food. "My bad." I let out as my eyes reached hers before I went back to eating my food too.

We finished up and then headed out as Chelsea asked me to stop by a Target so she could run in and grab some things. Drake and I stayed put in the car since she said it would be quick, and I knew it was a lie. She didn't know how to make a quick trip to Target and I wasn't about to be walking around for a hour.

I looked over at Drake once Chelsea was good and out the car, he smiled already knowing what I was about to get at. "Oh so you cool with Jae like that now?" He laughed, "c'mon man, she Tessie best friend. I be talking to her sometimes."

"And?" I questioned, he smiled, "and what?" I gave him a straight face, he knew what I was getting at. He laughed, "oh you want to know if she be asking bout you? She don't." I nodded, hating to hear that shit. Was I more bothered by the ending of us than her?

"But she miss you," Drake started up, "she tryna use that nigga to get over you but she miss you and that shit obvious. I knew she had you wide open. It's obvious you miss her too. What's the problem, why y'all doing this?" He asked with true confusion. "You got Chels here, she dealing with that nigga. What's up?" He asked.

I ran a hand down my face, "she asked about Chelsea, I was honest. She admitted she was basically falling for me and couldn't handle our arrangement, especially once knowing that I still was on Chelsea." Drake shook his head, "damn, then it really shouldn't be no problem on your end, why are you still on Jae? You got Chels, gon' always have her and if that's where your heart is then I don't understand. She did you a favor. Jae pussy like that or something?"

I bit my lip as I looked forward, "its beyond pussy man." I let out with a shake of my head, "I was on her heavy. She met my mom, that's what got us in this shit and how she found out about Chelsea. She said too fucking much." Drake's eyes got wide, "wait nigga, Jae met moms?" I nodded, "not on purpose, but I still embraced that shit. They popped up and we went with them to get some desserts at Tessie spot. She rode with my mama and I guess that's when the shit came up." I shook my head thinking about the shit and how I could have avoided all of this, that was the selfish part of me though.

"Shit. But to be real with you A, I'm still not understanding the problem. You said y'all were just fucking. She kept it real and didn't even get on that relationship tip with you like most of them do, she just removed herself from the situation and is clearly letting you enjoy your time with the girl you can't fucking let go off."