16. Adrian Brown

"Hell yeah!" The locker room was going crazy. We had just won our game, leaving us undefeated still and the other team with another loss. It was a hard ass game, they played great and were among the top three in our division, the only teams they hadn't beat were ours and who we played last week; who were undefeated until we beat them. Plenty of people came out for this game and I was just happy we delivered. "You did your shit tonight Adrian!" One of the guys yelled as I removed my jersey. More comments poured in after he said that but I quickly shook my head, "nah, this was us. We did our shit tonight. This was a team effort." They started getting hype, "yeahhhh!" One yelled, "nigga always humble." Savon let out with a smile my way.

Everybody changed and headed out the locker room, ready to celebrate the Friday night win, I walked out being bombarded with fans who wanted to take pictures and wanted autographs, I would never get used to that shit. I was a college player, I didn't feel like I deserved this type of recognition and I often made it known but I wouldn't turn a person down who wanted a photo or autograph. I finished up and then made my way to Samoa like I did after every game. In my mind I had made the decision to call it quits with Samoa, simply because she wanted more than I was willing to give. With Jae we both got what we wanted, I wasn't a fan of her non-negotiable but I understood it and saw how it could make our situation more bearable for any woman; but I was selfish. Every girl I ever had this arrangement with only dealt with me, it wasn't no going on dates with other niggas and shit, but Jae had to be different, and she had been from the start. 

Though I had made the decision in my mind I hadn't verbalized it, Samoa and I were friends first and I hated hurting people and I knew this would hurt her. I was in no rush to end it, yet I wanted Jae bad as fuck. I found myself jacking off to the memories of us on more than one occasion in the last week. What the fuck was wrong with me?

I neared Samoa, but not before spotting Jaelyn, she decided to come to another game. She stood with Shay as they talked to Daquan. "Great game." Samoa smiled out, "you did your big one with that last touchdown." I smiled as I thanked her. Not before long Daquan was making his way towards us with Jae and Shay in tow. Samoa easily neared me once she saw Shay, little did she know it was Jae she should have been doing it for. They both congratulated me on our win, but it was obvious Shay's energy was off. My guess was that Jae told her what I said, what we did, or both. "Still not trying to go out?" Daquan asked me as he wrapped his arm around Jae's shoulder.

I looked at Jae, my eyes on her as I spoke. "You know, why not? I'll go." Jae tilted her head to the side like she was trying to read my decision. I tore my eyes off of her as I looked at Samoa who was all smiles, "yes! It's about to be litty in the city!" She danced out. Shay held no type of emotion on her face, but her eyes went between Jae and I, and at that moment I was sure Jae told her.

"Where y'all going?" I asked, "Corner Bar." Daquan let out, I nodded. "Alright, I'll meet y'all there. Imma head home first." I said my goodbyes and headed home to shower. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror, wondering why I agreed to go. I considered texting them and saying I wasn't going, but I could go and just leave early.

I got dressed and made my way to the bar. I pulled up and parking spots were already limited, but I luckily found one. I parked and then texted Samoa to let her know I was here. She told me where to go once I got inside. I walked in easily spotting them at a table, recognizing everyone at the table except one person, who I soon learned went by Mook and was Shay's boyfriend. Yeah, she definitely fucking knew.

"Since my boy is here, this round is on me." Daquan let out, "what y'all want?" Samoa looked surprised, "damn babe, you have to come more often." Everyone laughed as they placed their drink orders, Jaelyn decided to go to the bar with him to get the drinks. My text tone went off causing me to look at my phone as I saw Samoa's name, I looked over at her as she just motioned for me to look at my phone.