17. Jaelyn Brentwood

"That bitch did that?" Tessie questioned with her mouth wide open, "not even surprised, I told you she would do some shady shit." She finished as I let out a deep sigh, I sat at a table in her shop with a lemon bar in front of me, no appetite to eat it. I had just ran down to Tessie how Shay basically told Samoa and Daquan that Adrian and I fucked. I knew she was pissed when I told her, but I didn't think she was downlow dirty like that. My mind drifted to the conversation of me telling her, her reaction was grande maybe I should have seen it coming.

Shay was going on and on about seeing her man at the game, referring to Adrian as we rode to the game together. I had held off on telling her because I didn't know how she would react. I felt like a shit friend, seeing as how I knew how much she was crushing on him. I had no intentions of liking the man, and definitely none of fucking him. I bit my lip, "Shay." I let out, "I have something to tell you." She shut up real quick as she looked over at me before focusing back on the road. "What?" I cleared my throat, deciding to just rip off the band-aid "I fucked Adrian. We've been vibing and shit just happened." She was just quiet for a moment, then she looked over at me and shook her head. She laughed, but not a laugh like it was funny but a laugh like she couldn't believe this shit.

"I know you fucking lying." She let out. I swallowed, "I wish I was." I spoke lowly, but did I? I liked Adrian, and it wasn't just because he looked good and had NFL potential, which were her only reasons for even being interested in him. "You a shady ass bitch." She let out, "fake as fuck. Bitch." She shook her head, "Shay, let's not do too much. I'm sorry, because I know you liked him." I let out, I knew her mouth could get reckless. "But to be real, you have a boyfriend, who you've been with for two years and a good ass man at that. So I really don't know why you're reacting so strongly."

She laughed, "you right." She nodded her head, "you right." I didn't respond and she didn't say much else. We made it to the game and luckily my roommates were there so we sat with them as Shay and I barely talked, I figured she would probably leave me and wouldn't go to the bar with me as planned. But surprisingly she still decided to come, and still chose to be around me after the game was over as I talked with Daquan and Adrian. So in my mind I thought we might move past it. I rode with Daquan to the bar, feeling like we still needed to distance ourselves and she got there not too long after with Mook in tow. They distanced themselves the majority of the time, but I figured it was because of our conversation.

What I wouldn't have thought, was that she would open her mouth to air the shit I told her when I told her as a friend. Adrian and I walked back over to the table after looking at our grades from the assignment. Samoa looked pissed and Daquan's face was unreadable, but I didn't miss the smile on Shay's face and Mook shaking his head. He always hated when she did messy shit. "What's wrong?" Adrian asked Samoa as he took a seat beside her, picking up his drink and taking a swig. "You two fucked?" She asked as she looked between the both of us. Adrian nearly choked on his drink as he started coughing. I sat beside Daquan like a deer caught in headlights, thinking this shit couldn't be happening right now. Daquan didn't say anything as he just looked between the two of us, waiting for a response.

"Where is this coming from?" Adrian asked, Samoa's eyes went to Shay, "she just said that Jaelyn told her y'all did." This shit was really happening. I picked up my drink, damn near chugging it. The cat was out the bag, and I knew Adrian was a stand up guy so he wasn't going to lie. He cleared his throat, "um," he looked over at me, then focused on Samoa as he ran a hand down the side of his face. "Yeah" he responded, "we did. Can we talk about this outside?" He asked, she looked pissed but she got up, allowing them some privacy as she shot daggers my way. I looked over at Shay who caught eye contact with me, "this is what you deserve bitch." She let out. I laughed as I shook my head, this bitch was delusional. At that moment I could have aired how she was upset because she wanted Adrian, I literally could have shaken up her happy home with Mook, but I didn't because I wasn't a petty ass bitch like her, granted she deserved for me to do that shit.

"Wow." Daquan let out as he ran a hand down his face. "I didn't see that coming." I placed my hand on top of his. "I'm sorry." I let out, he pulled his hand from under mine. "It's cool." He let out, "we weren't deep, this is fresh, we owe each other no loyalty. But Adrian was dead ass wrong." I didn't say anything, it wasn't my place to speak on Adrian. Daquan got up going to grab another drink and I excused myself to the restroom.

Once I made it back to the table Samoa and Adrian were grabbing their stuff to leave. She rolled her eyes at me and Adrian just shook his head at me, indicating this was not how he wanted it to go.

That was yesterday, and I hadn't talked to him since it all came out, and it was now going on six pm. "Well you know I never liked the bitch." Tessie let out, "I told you not to befriend her, and especially with the way y'all became friends. Y'all were about to fight. And your ass should have told Mook. But don't even worry next time I see his fine ass, I'm snitching." I rolled my eyes with a laugh, "have you talked to Daquan?" I shook my head no, "I'm pretty sure that shit is dead, and I'm okay with that."

"Because you're still betting on you and Adrian?" She questioned as a customer came in. She greeted them and served them. She watched them leave the store before getting back to me. "Is that why?" She asked, bringing her question back to the forefront. "Am I dumb for doing that?" I questioned. She shook her head no, "no because it was you all's plan, but I won't lie. I'm a little scared he might hurt you. I feel like you say you're fine with just sex, but with sex as good as you make that sound I'm scared you're going to fall, and fall quickly. And he's not going to be there to catch you. Shit look at how you acted after the first time."

"The first time wasn't just one time, it was rounds okay? And that's why I'll be dealing with others, I'm only strictly having sex with him. But I'm keeping my options open." Tessie shook her head, "that's not going to stop you from falling Jae, it'll be a nice distraction when needed but be real. If it's only going to be sex, then make sure it's just sex. Keep the conversations and time spent limited. That's my suggestion." I nodded as I sighed, "all this shit is too much." She laughed, "it is, but you'll be good." My text tone went off as Adrian's name popped across my screen, I easily clicked on the message.

I said my goodbyes to Tessies as she told me to make sure I let her know how the conversation went

I said my goodbyes to Tessies as she told me to make sure I let her know how the conversation went. Part of me was nervous and I didn't know why. I let out a deep sigh before knocking on Adrian's door. Here came the moment of truth.