40. Adrian Brown

"Adrian, I'm so excited!" Tessie squealed through the phone. I shook my head with a smile, I was sitting in the parking lot of where the game was being held at this year, talking to Tessie before going in to meet the boys for the basketball game.

I was planning on proposing to Jae and who better to help me than her best friend? I had just told her my plans on how I intended for it to go down in about a month or two. "I know, but aye I'm about to head into this game. We'll be in contact on the sneak." I let out as she laughed. We said our goodbyes as I exited my car and locked in.

I walked in easily catching up with Johnny and Vince, we took some pictures with a few folks before heading to find our seats. "Johnny!" Johnny, Vince, and I all turned around upon hearing his name called. A smile appeared on Johnny's face as Adrienne Starr walked towards us, big smile on her face as well. She caught up to us as she hugged him and then hugged and spoke to Vince and me. "Thanks for letting me come, you know I love a good basketball game." She let out as we continued to our seats.

We got to our seats as I quickly realized Adrienne and I were seated beside each other, and I knew the shit was on purpose. She had just tweeted asking if I was single and Johnny made it known weeks ago she was feeling me. This shit was not it. I wasn't about to play into their games.

Before we got too situated in our seats Johnny made it known he was going to go grab some drinks and I easily chose to go with him because I had a bone to pick. "Man Johnny, what the fuck?" I questioned with annoyance. "What?" He asked nonchalantly, "you know I'm with Jae, and I know what the fuck you two on. I don't play them type of games." He looked at me with a smile, "she ain't Adrienne Starr though. And I ain't on shit, she like basketball and asked to come. I can't help it if she feeling you Adrian." I waved him off, annoyed with this shit knowing heat would be brought my way by Jae, paparazzi would be out for sure and after that tweet they really would be on us. "You passed out the tickets nigga, you could have put me where Vinny is. You fucking playing and I told you I don't get down like that."

"Listen, I get it. You a loyal ass nigga, and you scared she might make you fold." He laughed. I looked at him like he was stupid, as he continued "but shit you ain't gotta entertain Adrienne, and once you address you got a girl to her she'll fall back, I think." He laughed before continuing, like a girl not taking the hint was funny. Shit wasn't funny to me, "but see the good in this. She is a world wide known pop star. All the publicity with you in the blogs with her is going to put your name out there more, take you out of the US and make you known across the world just being tied to her. Think of the sponsors and the brand deals. You could be the first US face for a brand somewhere. Think long term, think money Adrian. I want to see you win." I took in what he said, realizing he made a very valid point, but I wasn't willing to compromise my relationship for more fame and money.

"So chill, just be cool. Adrienne cool as hell even if you don't want to go down that road with her." I contemplated on not saying anything but decided to respond instead, "oh nigga imma be cool tonight, but don't fucking play with me like this again. Jae fucking crazy."

He laughed as we grabbed our drinks and headed back to our seats. I was still annoyed but was just going to let shit be. "Aye, this for Adrienne, you sitting beside her so just give it to her." He winked with a smile.

I grabbed her drink out his hand as I gave him a death glare, "Johnny fuck you, for real." He laughed. I knew how this shit was about to look and paparazzi and fans worked fast. A picture of me seated beside her, plus handing her a drink was easily going to make it look like we was on a date or some shit. I tried to push Jae's possible reactions out my mind and enjoy the game, but I already knew this shit would blow up in my face. I tried to think bigger picture like Johnny said as well, I just hoped I could get Jae to see it that way. But who the hell was I kidding? Because I damn sure wouldn't if the tables were turned. Just be cool. I told myself, this shit wasn't nothing and Jae would know that shit.